Apple megapatch plugs 45 security holes

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
I am typing this on a MacBook Pro running Mac OS X 10.4.9. I updated the day before yesterday and am pleased to report that there have been no problems with my machine.
Macs do crash, that much is true, but the frequency of these crashes is a fraction when compared to the crashes suffered by PC users running Windows.

Read again, that Update is not crashing every Mac, just like not every installation of Windows crashes:)

I, for one, have not had a single crash in the seven months I have had my notebook.

My sisters Windows XP SP2 laptop has not crashed in 3 years :D . It was installed 3 years ago & I install the usual updates on it regularly. Guess what she does on it, mail, music, movies, browsing, accounting, excel & everything noraml. Obviously it never crashes due to these....so doesn't your Mac :D .

No PC or Windows installation crashes on it's own. It crashes only due to incompatible drivers or if you try to screw your computer yourself using registry hacks etc.

The fact of the matter is that browsing the internet without installing third party anti-virus software is highly insecure in Windows,

Plz contact Sourabh & GX :D & many more users on this forum using there systems without any AV. Just ad muncher & a firewall.

while on a Mac, you could purposely download malicious files and they still wouldn't harm your system.

Obviously, cos it's not made for Mac. What a point to explaing security of Mac

eddie

El mooooo
aryayush said:
Macs do crash, that much is true, but the frequency of these crashes is a fraction when compared to the crashes suffered by PC users running Windows. I, for one, have not had a single crash in the seven months I have had my notebook.

As for bugs, every piece of software ever written is bound to have some bugs. And I do not think you have expertise enough to judge the number of bugs in operating systems.
OMFG I am seriously bookmarking this post!!! This is a historical post that should be written in golden words in ThinkDigit's history books.

A little about this Leap-A thing (that I knew nothing about till today) from that Mac supporting link i.e. Macworld
To get Leap-A on your machine, you must (a) receive the file, which is compressed; (b) expand the archive; and (c) double-click what appears to be an image file to execute the code.
Isn't this how most of Windows "viruses" work? You get Anna Kournikova's or Brintney's latest nude pics in mail and when you open them...kaboom? I see amazing amount of people making hue-and-cry when it happens in Windows but I just came to know that it is known as "proof-of-concept" and not an actual virus. Nice :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
eddie said:
OMFG I am seriously bookmarking this post!!! This is a historical post that should be written in golden words in ThinkDigit's history books.

:D do so man, do so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom