Apple Mac book Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

hackerzlab

Journeyman
hey guys, i'm considering buying an apple mac book pro which is available for about 65k after educational discount!

13-inch: 2.26GHz
Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB Memory
160GB hard drive
SD card slot
Built-in 7-hour battery
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics

i have been using windows for a very very long time now and thought of shifting it there for a chance. most of the mac users seems to be pretty happy with it. at about 65k, i dont see any good laptops in any brands with such good battery backup and portable too. m still open for windows based laptops too. need your views regarding this.

thanx

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
If you do have money to spend, go for it. I think it's a great price for a macbook pro.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
For windows laptops, I think you can check Sony VAIO and Dell Studio XPS 13 as they match the style and also offer better performance. Also, for Dell I think you get free upgrade to Windows 7.

Check these:

*www.sony.co.in/microsite/vaio/products/vaio_cs/vgn_cs36gj-qr/index.html
*www.sony.co.in/microsite/vaio/products/vaio_cs/vgn_cs36gj/index.html
*www.sony.co.in/microsite/vaio/products/vaio_fw/vgn_fw43g/index.html
*www.sony.co.in/microsite/vaio/products/vaio_fw/vgn_fw45g/index.html (16.4" home theatre style for 75k-80k)

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Dell Studio XPS 13:

P8600 (2.40GHz/ 1066 FSB/ 3MB Cache)

Genuine Windows Vista(R) Home Premium SP1 64 bit Edition
4GB (2 X 2GB) Dual Channel 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
320GB (7200 RPM) SATA Hard Drive
Integrated NVIDIA® GeForce® 9400M graphics (option to go for 9500M GT)
Integrated CREATIVE Sound Blaster(R) X-Fi MB Audio Software Solution (default is onboard and you need to select this for 500 bucks extra)
backlit keyboard
Noise Isolation Ear Buds
13.3 " WXGA (1280x800) CCFL Display w/ 2MP webcam

This comes to around 60k excluding tax and delivery.

Studio XPS 13 unboxing video: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT6z_GrdbNw

Last edited:

zboy123

Broken In
Dell Studio XPS 13:

P8600 (2.40GHz/ 1066 FSB/ 3MB Cache)

Genuine Windows Vista(R) Home Premium SP1 64 bit Edition
4GB (2 X 2GB) Dual Channel 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
320GB (7200 RPM) SATA Hard Drive
Integrated NVIDIA® GeForce® 9400M graphics (option to go for 9500M GT)
Integrated CREATIVE Sound Blaster(R) X-Fi MB Audio Software Solution (default is onboard and you need to select this for 500 bucks extra)
backlit keyboard
Noise Isolation Ear Buds
13.3 " WXGA (1280x800) CCFL Display w/ 2MP webcam

This comes to around 60k excluding tax and delivery.

Studio XPS 13 unboxing video: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT6z_GrdbNw

You may get 15 inch version of same spec'd laptop as above for 58K if you happen to know someone working at Dell through employee discounts.

btw macbook pro is a great buy ..... I would suggest you get it from US with student discounts and add 3 year apple care to it which is an international warranty cover. Apple care is really great, I would highly recommend adding it.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^True. support wise, Apple is way ahead of Dell. But you need to get a 3yr international warranty, which could be a bit costly addition to already costly purchase. I think Apple Care protection plan is around 250$.

moreover, I think it's better to buy laptop after August 28th as I think then you will be getting Snow Leopard pre-installed. right now, it's 29$ for upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard.

OP
H

hackerzlab

Journeyman
i'll buy it during the second week of September after my exams ) ...the student's concession is on untill 26th september.

thanx for the info on dell xps 13. m checking on it. the vaio systems are a joke. too heavy and the battery life sucks. 2 hours for a system that costs 60K!! thanx anyway.

any more info guys..
Posted again:
as for the windows 7, i actually prefer to have a dos model as we get free legal copies in my college :)
Posted again:
as for the windows 7, i actually prefer to have a dos model as we get free legal copies in my college :)

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^Dell XPS too gives around 2 to 3 hour battery life and to get 5hr+battery life, you need to opt for 9-cell battery.

anyways, if you are comfortable with OS X, just go for macbook pro and opt for 4Gb RAM and 320Gb HDD and ask the dealer to provide a free upgrade to Snow Leopard. 2Gb is too less if you want to run windows in parallel.

OP
H

hackerzlab

Journeyman
thanx for your valuable posts. i wont be using windows for sure since i have another old laptop with windows on it. do you think the default configuration mentioned above will be enough to run snow leopard flawlessly or should i upgrade the RAM?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
All new macbook pros run Leopard without any effort. Snow Leopard does to Leopard what win7 does to Vista. Speed up the OS on existing hardware.

Given the size of current gen apps, it's better to go for a 4Gig RAM.

btw, any macbook bought on or after June 2009 will get free upgrade to Snow Leopard.

OP
H

hackerzlab

Journeyman
thanx dude. really appreciate your inputs..

m getting the mac pro with the above configuration for 64k after discount and VAT. lets see how much will they charge for extra RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom