Apple iPod sets sights on video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech&ME

Banned
Apple has set its sights on conquering the world of portable video with the launch of a sound and vision version of its iconic iPod.

It is looking to build on the success of its digital music player, having sold 28 million music-playing iPods since 2001.

"Because millions of people around the world will buy this new iPod to play music, it will quickly become the most popular portable video player in history," said Apple boss Steve Jobs at the launch of the device.

But the computer maker is coming late to the world of video on the go. There are several media players available from Microsoft and its hardware partners, as well as gadgets from rivals Creative and Archos.

And the Japanese electronic giant Sony recently entered the fray with its PlayStation Portable (PSP), which sports a large screen to play films on its UMD discs.

For the full story click here

google360beta

Broken In
Apple

Witness the evolution of the revolution. First it played songs. Then photos. Then podcasts. Now iPod plays video, changing the way you experience your music and more. Again. In lighter, thinner 30GB and 60GB models starting at $299, the new iPod is music to your eyes. :D

cyberia.in

In the zone
I wanted 3'' of screen. Trust me, you can't watch long videos on a 2.5'' screen. I'm waiting for a better show from Apple nxt time around, but if someone gifts me one of these, I'd happily forget all the bad things i said about it . ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom