[Query] Apple Care: Ipad Air 2 screen issues and hopeless service

I purchased an Apple iPad Air 2@128gb,celluler from Apple premium reseller at Indore. Now, after using it for a week(I used it mostly for document editing, emails and notes/appointment management), I noticed a slight dark band(considerably reduced brightness) on the left edge of screen, which I thought was due to shadow from edges or sort, but after checking from each angle, I confirmed it that it was a display issue. Contacted the store from which I purchased the tablet, and was referred to their own service center(which happens to be an apple authorized service center). Now, at service center, what they told me was rather.....strange. According to them, since every iPad they have in store have that "issue", it's really not a problem, and returned me the iPad because they can't really service it(because there is no issue for them!!). Even though, in the job sheet the guy wrote that he observed some visible darkness on left edge...it was still not an issue.

Second thing, I contacted Apple care via phone, and they asked me if that "issue" is effecting functionality of iPad(according to me, a deliberate attempt to get me speak that "yeah, the iPad hardware is fine") and that since all other iPads in the store have it, then it is probably fine and not a "problem effecting functionality". And pretty much after that, they said told me to wait till they verify it from Apple USA/Engineering team. After one week of waiting, I am wondering if they will ever reply, and if there are any other options for me to get this iPad replaced ? (or atleast get refund) Or should I go with old consumer court way.

In retrospect: I don't understand how Apple can term some clear problem as nothing. I mean, if everything is bad, it doesn't mean that everything is correct. My Sony Xperia Z1 had a single dead pixel(not covered by warranty), which was not bothering me, but after mentioning that in casual talk to dealer, he offered me to get it replaced without even asking(had to wait for three days for a new unit, but yeah, deal done well.). Other thing; since I brought this iPad for work which involves in constant white background, I really can't overlook that dark band. If only Microsoft Surface was available in India..........

Last edited:
Top Bottom