Aorus releases world's lightest and smallest gaming laptop.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
GIGABYTE has crammed in quite an array of technology into its AORUS X3 notebook - with it coming in two models, the X3 which is a 13.3-inch model, and the slightly bigger X3 Plus which comes in at 13.9 inches. The X3's 13.3-inch display has a resolution of 2560x1440, but you can opt the X3 Plus with either the 2560x1440 panel, or go one better with the QHD+ 3200x1800 display.

GIGABYTE unveils the incredibly powerful AORUS X3 gaming notebook

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
amazing weight, why the gimmick with 1440P or 4K display with an 870M , and a 6GB VRAM, the 870m will run out of processing power long before any game can use more than 3GB of VRAM. 870M still falls short of a fully 1080p capable card in some demanding games.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
amazing weight, why the gimmick with 1440P or 4K display with an 870M , and a 6GB VRAM, the 870m will run out of processing power long before any game can use more than 3GB of VRAM. 870M still falls short of a fully 1080p capable card in some demanding games.

Watch_Dogs requires at least 3 GB vRAM for max details. A single GTX 870m can easily max out Watch_Dogs @1080p(27 FPS)
You can play it on med @1800p and hence the high vRAM.

My next laptop will probab;y be an Aorus or Blade 14 with Maxwell+broadwell.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
27 FPS is not maxing out, its not playable ( yes playable is relative and yet 27 FPS is so damn less ) Moreover the point was that its not fit for any res higher than FHD, a SLI what i was hoping for.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
27 FPS is not maxing out, its not playable ( yes playable is relative and yet 27 FPS is so damn less ) Moreover the point was that its not fit for any res higher than FHD, a SLI what i was hoping for.

Who are you kidding? In laptop world 27 FPS is extremely playable. Some people play new games @20FPS on underpowered ancient laptops. :lol:
You can always lower the resolution while gaming to 1920x1080. It has an IGZO panel same as Razer blade. People are saying that lowering the resolution below native has little to no effect on picture quality.
The screen real estate is extremely helpful while multitasking and I think that it is a great college laptop(That's why I will be getting the next iteration).

- - - Updated - - -

Moreover you can't physically fit an SLI setup into such a small package.

Top Bottom