Anyone using Battery pack to charge phone / tablet / mp3 player ?? Please suggest

raksrules

Youngling
Does anyone here use a battery pack as a backup to recharge their iphone / android phone / any phone / MP3 player / tablet ??
If yes then please suggest what you are using and how is your experience with it ?
I see dedicated iPhone battery packs or cases (with inbuilt battery) but i want something which is generic in nature.
Also i am aware that tablets require more power (2.1 A or so i think, i may be wrong) so need to check that it should suffice for both phones and tablets.
Suggestions invited. Need something value for money and reliable stuff. But not really expecting myself to spend a fortune on it.
I am in US currently so you may suggest from US based websites too.

angeleyes

Broken In
I am using APC mobile battery pack 1500 mah. It charges my optimus 2x twice. I also have Energizer xpal 18000 which I bought instead of replacing my laptop battery. Both purchased in Singapore.

But most people buy the mugen 1700 extended replacement battery twin pack with charging dock. It is pocketable (the battery) and your usb port damage is reduced.

angeleyes

Broken In
Care to explain?

Good ol' simple Nokia handsets can last 4/5 days without recharge.

My Optimus 2x requires 2 charges a day!

Mean time before failure MTBF for Android phones logically about 8 times less than simple phones.

Explains the high failure rate of Nexus One USB ports due to physical wear. I have owned the last, and I read of failures, and bought Mugen spare batteries. I swap batteries instead of recharging the phone

This means that I don't use the port for charging, only for tethering. Prolongs the life of the latter.

You can google "nexus one usb port damage" for clarification, or "n900 usb design flaw".

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

ayaskant12

Broken In
there is a brand called Anker which makes some quality battery packs
You can see on Ebay
It sells really cheap
5600 mah for just 3300rs

Check it out
I am very soon going to get
one

kamal_saran

android lover
hey bro check this. . . I don't use it but it looks interestinng and also very cheap . . :) Solar Powered 2000mAh Rechargeable Portable Emergency Power w/ Phone Adapters+LED Light - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Top Bottom