Any Windows app to take repeated screenshots of specified area?

patkim

Cyborg Agent
I am looking for a Windows app whereby I can select a screen size and the app will allow me to take repeat screenshots of the same specified area again and again. I will change change the background screen as required.

e.g. a background app can be a PDF file displayed on screen.

I want to avoid full print screen and then crop in Image editor, instead would like to get the exact screenshot of specified section repeated times. Thx.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
snipping tool can take specific area screenshots but it doesnt automate. You may try to pair it up with AHK but there may be better alternatives

try snagit or winsnap, but you dont get repeated screenshots on a selected area, you will get only one screenshot per selected area.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Something like Camtasia and Camstudio can record screen as videos. Most of them allow custom window size as well.

OP
patkim

patkim

Cyborg Agent
@Nerevarine & @hariharakumar Thanks for your suggestions. Do these at least allow to keep fixed screen positions between screenshots? I am not looking for fully automated, but anything that allows fixed screen position between screenshots should suffice too.

@meetdilip Thanks for suggesting Camtasia. I am not too sure if it allows a single screenshot though. Will explore it too.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
There are a few GIF makers for Windows. But, that will work only if you don't record for a long time.

Camtasia studio is a video editor it doesnt take any screenshots. Try Snagit, it will take fixed size screenshots like custom width and height. But it is not free you have to try trail or buy full version.

Top Bottom