[Want to Buy] Any GPU around GTX1060 performance.

z3rO

Journeyman
Hi.

I'm looking to buy a reasonably priced GPU with performance similar to GTX1060. If you are willing to sell please PM me.

Thanks.

quicky008

Technomancer
as of now older 1060s are going for 16-17k (for 6gb models) -although its performance isn't as great as it used to be in the past.

You can check FB marketplace for sellers who are offering these cards in your city/town-i saw quite a few listings from sellers in kolkata recently,who were demanding a huge sum of money even for 3-4 yr old 1060s.

OP
z3rO

z3rO

Journeyman
Thanks, I checked but wasn't able to find anything worth the price. Trying my luck here. I'm seriously considering buying a 710 at this point if I don't get anything soon.

OP
z3rO

z3rO

Journeyman
Exactly.

I was torn between 4650G and R5 3600 but a forum member gave me his word that he would sell me his 970, so I went ahead and bought R5 3600. Now he says he won't sell. So I'm f****d. People have lost their integrity and word of mouth means nothing to them.

Last edited:

quicky008

Technomancer
actually with the massive jump in gpu prices,people are having second thoughts even when it comes to selling off their used gpus.An old 970 can easily fetch 10k or more under the current circumstances.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Exactly.

I was torn between 4650G and R5 3600 but a forum member gave me his word that he would sell me his 970, so I went ahead and bought R5 3600. Now he is not sure if he wants to sell. So I'm f****d. People have lost their integrity and word of mouth means nothing to them.
You should have gone with the 4650G anyways, even if you wish to pair with a GPU immediately. AMD needs to provide some means of running a system without a GPU.
If your GPU is kaput, AMD system is essentially dead. What was the price difference between R5 3600 and R5 4650G ?

OP
z3rO

z3rO

Journeyman
There were some very big downsides to 4650G. I'm building in a mini ITX board and B450 I Aorous was the only board which was within my budget and it doesn't support 4650G out of the box. I live in a small town so getting the BIOS update was the biggest hurdle. I tried contacting some online sellers but they didn't agree to update the BIOS before shipping. R5 3600 is supported out of the box.

The whole Ryzen 5000 lineup is doing really well internationally and it comes without GPU so 'always going with an AMD APU even if one is immediately going to pair it with GPU' doesn't make much sense to me.

4650G was available for average 17.5k and R5 3600 for 16.2k

Top Bottom