Any good free app for GPS tracking using Android for family member

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Hi,
I am looking for an app that can track and show me the location of mobile phone that is with my family member.
I am finding it tricky to select one. All say GPS tracking but most just record your own history i.e. places you visited.

Using that app I should be able to see the real time location of my family member on the map preferably on my andriod phone itself.
Both phones, mine as well as family members phone has GPS, Compass + Internet connection. Both are Redmi phones.
Thx.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I don't know if such thing is available, but that's highly possible I think. I prefer such thing don't come for domestic/public use, else people will sure abuse it. It will be more like stalking.

Even reading your post makes me think "it doesn't feel right".

OP
patkim

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Well there was a built in app or some such app (I just don't remember it anymore) on Samsung Mobile to trace your own phone on map. We lost that phone and bought a Redmi for my family member.
Yes I guess such apps exists and here's one example *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.life360.android.safetymapd&hl=en
However I am finding it tricky to select one as I do not want to experiment with it as two phone and two people are involved.

Reactions: nac

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Most such apps will be treated as spyware. May not even qualify if it is submitted to Play Store. There are a lot of apps that allows someone to share their location by choice, not automatically. There was some service by Google which did the same. It was later discontinued.

I could be terribly wrong as well. Keep searching and look for more answers.

Reactions: nac
Top Bottom