Any changes to this config ?

udaylunawat

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Virtual pc. Mostly playing games @1080p like battlefield 4 and other gpu intensive games.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: 45,000. Pls suggest the cheapest config that will run all upcoming games(3 years) @1080p med settings.

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans: Win 7 Ultimate or win 8.1(WIN 10 if it is going to be launched in near future. )

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans: Already have a 5400 rpm 500 GB HDD and external hard drive 1 tb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans: I have heard a lot about Dell S2240L, if some new model better than this has arrived in market of 22 inch size with 1080p or more resolution then please tell me otherwise this is ok for me. Is there some other model like this which is a bit less glossy(reflective)?

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans: Keyboard, Mouse, Speaker, DVD RW, hard disk

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans: Within 1 week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans: I have done it before.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: nagpur , Local + Online shopping is fine.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Ans: Yes

Suggest me a best PSU which should work best for my needs
Computer should compulsorily support USB 3.0.
Also suggest whether I would get it cheap at local retailer or online?

Confused about my requirements. I am not much of a gamer but will like to play games next 3 year on this rig(1080p).
Would a 750 ti suffice for my needs or should I wait for GTX 960 to release ? My priority is to game on a MINIMUM budget.

Processor :- Intel 3.1 GHz LGA 1150 i5 4440
Mobo:- gigabyte b75m d3h
Ram :- corsair vengeance 4 GB
Monitor :- dell s2240l 22" inch
Psu:-450 w antec / seasonic /corsair
Case :-Cm elite 430/elite 431 plus
Gfx:- Confused between 750 ti and gtx 960.

Should I buy an i5 and later combine it with a GTX 960 OR buy an AMD Fx 6300 +750 ti combo ?

Last edited:

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
Answer these 1st *www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...answer-these-questions-first-post1542847.html

If you can wait for gtx 960 than wait for it, I suggest don't compromise on core components, buy an i5,since you are not even overclocking so fx 6300 won't give you any advantage, maybe in virtual PC case, but nothing an i5 4440 can't handle, you can also consider deepcool tessaract

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
i5 4440 - 11k
Gigabyte B85 D3H - 5.5k
AOC I2369VM - 10k
GTX 960 - 20k
HyperX[strike]Fury[/strike] Blu 4GB - 2.5k
VP 550p - 3.5k
Deepcool Tesseract - 3k

its overshooting so if you want,buy R9 270X instead of960

Last edited:
OP
U

udaylunawat

In the zone
If you can wait for gtx 960 than wait for it, I suggest don't compromise on core components, buy an i5,since you are not even overclocking so fx 6300 won't give you any advantage, maybe in virtual PC case, but nothing an i5 4440 can't handle, you can also consider deepcool tessaract
Unable to find deepcool tesseract any where. Does anyone know the distributors no. @nagpur city ?Quotes here are rather high.

OP
U

udaylunawat

In the zone
i5 4440 - 11k
Gigabyte B85 D3H - 5.5k
AOC I2369VM - 10k
GTX 960 - 20k
HyperX[strike]Fury[/strike] Blu 4GB - 2.5k
VP 550p - 3.5k
Deepcool Tesseract - 3k

its overshooting so if you want,buy R9 270X instead of960
I have mostly gaming in terms of requirement. Would an r9 290 be able to game upcoming games (1080p) at medium settings ?

OP
U

udaylunawat

In the zone
would a 450w corsair or antec be enough for my requirements ? I would be connecting 2 HDD's, 1 ssd and one gfx (no sli). Most likely 960 (if it gets under 15k in April /may) or 750 ti to save some money.

OP
U

udaylunawat

In the zone
Which is the best VFM gfx that suits my needs. I would mostly game @ 1080p at medium settings for next 3 years. My budget is max 15k and if any gfx suits my needs below 10k that would be awesome.

would a 450w corsair or antec be enough for my requirements ? I would be connecting 2 HDD's, 1 ssd and one gfx (no sli). Most likely 960 (if it gets under 15k in April /may) or 750 ti to save some money.

Sorry buddy I think there's no chance it will come under 15k ,at launch, maybe when they'd launch a Ti version of it ,then perhaps. ..but right now I think it will come in at least18k,r9 285 would be your option here, if you can manage, r9 290 is the best bet at this time,and till April -may everything can change, amd will launch their carrabian islands and you'll again have a lot of options,so yeah theirs a possibility gtx 960 will come under 15k under competition, but all of this is purely speculation and variable, one more thing if you are absolutely sure you will go with gtx 960 ,only then buy a 450w psu

Edit:

Why are you so interested in 750Ti? I am just curious, is it because of its power envelope? Which'll let you throw in a450 w psu?

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
i dont think gtx 960 will come under 15k in 2015 my guess.. maxwell have had tremendous response so instead of lowering price for gtx 960 they will simply reduce price of gtx 970 to lure gamers

Top Bottom