any asus a8 nvm users??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
I personally don't have this mobo... But, its not hard to o/c it... Why ? Are you facing any problems oc-ing it ?

OP
O

Omsck

Broken In
no ... but i cant inc fsb beyonf 240... thats the limit in the bios... .now its set to 240.....stock is 9*200=1800 nd now its 2167...acc to cpu z... also changd ram to 2.5-3-3-7 from 3-4-4-8... can i push it furter on stock cooling??? temp doest go beyond 40c

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Umm.. I don't think you should, even if you can.... I assure you, thats a very decent o/c... Anything higher will reduce the life of your board/CPU remarkably...

Anyhow, if you still want to o/c ... get SoftFSB ....

assasin

Banned
Omsck said:
no ... but i cant inc fsb beyonf 240... thats the limit in the bios... .now its set to 240.....stock is 9*200=1800 nd now its 2167...acc to cpu z... also changd ram to 2.5-3-3-7 from 3-4-4-8... can i push it furter on stock cooling??? temp doest go beyond 40c

wat temps ur havin @ stock and @ 2167MHz??
if temps r within limit then u can easily oc beyond 2167.but dont inc ur vCore much in order to inc fsb.
just keep a tab on ur temps and the vcore.

OP
O

Omsck

Broken In
@ 2167 temp is 35c ....wat r the temp limits?? . nd tell me one thing, as i inc the fsb, the ram freq also inc... what is the limit upto which the ram can can handle?? do i need to use the divider for mem clock??

assasin

Banned
yes use the divider to first underclck ur ram and then oc it.
just oc to 2.4 and post ur idle and full load temps

vish786

"The Gentleman"
hey... i hav A8V-MX mobo with Athlon 3000+ running at 1.8GHz should i o/c so it increases performance of my system?????

will it help in gamin or anyother other stuff???? and someone mentioned tat if we o/c then life of the processor & mobo reduces it this true??

OP
O

Omsck

Broken In
@assasin, i limited ram to 166; fsb is now 266.8; 9*266.8=2401 .... ram@ 240... while writing these temp is 35... what should to acieve full load?? nd how much should the ram run at ideally??

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
hey... i hav A8V-MX mobo with Athlon 3000+ running at 1.8GHz should i o/c so it increases performance of my system?????

will it help in gamin or anyother other stuff???? and someone mentioned tat if we o/c then life of the processor & mobo reduces it this true??

Yes, o/c-ing will help you in gaming... But make sure that your system stays cool and stable... Else, you system life will reduce.. O/c fanatics will deny, but even o/c-ing within limits decreases system life.....

Ask, assasin for a detailed How-to o/c-ing...

vish786

"The Gentleman"
kaustav_geek said:
Yes, o/c-ing will help you in gaming... But make sure that your system stays cool and stable... Else, you system life will reduce.. O/c fanatics will deny, but even o/c-ing within limits decreases system life.....

Ask, assasin for a detailed How-to o/c-ing...

thanks a lot

assasin

Banned
kaustav_geek said:
Why does he need to underclock his RAM ??

oc ing ram is only good upto a certain xtent since it doesnt hav any sort of cooling and u cant get any info bout heat build up.so for normal ram its better not to oc too much.
since ram speen incs if u inc fsb,in order to achieve a high fsb after oc its better to underclock ur ram 1st so that the xtent of oc on ram decreases.

for a better under standing see my rig's config in my sig:
Default Speeds :
E4300 = 9.0*200MHz = 1800MHz
Ram = 667MHz
since to hit the 3GHz mark i had to raise the fsb to 333 from 200,the ram inc from 667 to 833.in order to dec the ram speed from 833 and to achieve 1:1 ratio i just underclocked the ram to 533 and then inc'd mobo fsb.
the result:
E4300 = 9.0*333 = 3GHz
ram = 667MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom