Android under 8k for wife

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
hi every one. I need ur valuable suggestions .
I need a Android phone under 8k for wife.
The only requirement is long battery life, compact and lightweight..
We are inclined towards Samsung Galaxy S duos 2

rish1

Cyborg Agent
i would recommend Moto E ..

battery backup would be less in S duos 2 ..

i hope camera is not needed since there is no flash and autofocus in Moto e.. rest Moto E would be perfectly suited for the user

Last edited:
OP
A

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
1. Budget?
2. Display type and size?
4"
3. Dual sim?
dont bother
4. Preferred choice of brand?
no Moto E plz
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
good camera with flash no FF camera needed
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). only Andro
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
not interested
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
no gaming,whatsapp and SMSs
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Samsung Galaxy S duos 2
10. Any other info that you want to share

So confused. the thing is required is good battery backup with whatsapp and facebook.
Should provide battery backup from 8 Am to 7 Pm.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
You can go for Zenphone 4, Moto E or you can get Xperia M for ~ 8.5k in ebay (after coupons) with mfg warranty ..
Battery wise, it pwns every other device in it's category, but it's on android 4.3 right now and wont be upgraded unless u boot custom

Moto E is good, but it's battery is crap..
No idea about Zenphone 4 though

I d suggest not going for Redmi until warranty and after sales service has been confirmed to be "acceptable"

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
The Xiaomi Redmi 1S. It simply blows away any competition it has, even the Moto E.
I'd probably have recommended the Zenfone 4 but I read that it has a ridiculously small 1200 mAh battery. That's a straight no from me.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Xiaomi Red Mi1s is good option but do not just rush to get it. A.S.S. is very important aspect. Let some proper reviews come then take the decision. Even I'm thinking of RedMi 1S over zenfone5.

Reception, Voice & Audio Quality

Well, now unfortunately we have reached a category where we have to give the Xiaomi Redmi 1S a grade F. You ask why? Well, a smart phone is still a phone, and thus it should support doing phone calls as one of the most basic tasks. And exactly here is where the Xiaomi Redmi 1S is struggling. During our test the 2G and 3G reception was good, but always broke off again and again, just to reconnect some time later. This is not only extremely annoying, it also is eating up the battery real quick. Now we do not know if this is some sort of software glitch or hardware related. Lets just hope it is software related and will be fixed soon. Either way, this is not acceptable and makes the Redmi 1S kinda unusable.

Full Review.
Review: Xiaomi Redmi 1S | CMM International

rish1

Cyborg Agent
You can go for Zenphone 4, Moto E or you can get Xperia M for ~ 8.5k in ebay (after coupons) with mfg warranty ..
Battery wise, it pwns every other device in it's category, but it's on android 4.3 right now and wont be upgraded unless u boot custom

Moto E is good, but it's battery is crap..
No idea about Zenphone 4 though

I d suggest not going for Redmi until warranty and after sales service has been confirmed to be "acceptable"

is moto E's battery backup Bad ? Endurance rating given by gsmarena is 60h

i haven't personally used it but 2000 mah for 4.3 really should be good in this range

thats why i didn't recommend 1s even though its the most powerful device in this range but the user doesn't need that power .... its much better to put that money in a better known brand .. asus one has bad battery itself..

@OP Xperia M/ Nokia x2 seems to be the only choice..

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I did a comparision between Xperia m with stamina mode on and Moto E both at full charge, usually at the end of a heavy usage day i have around 30-35% battery left.. This involves mostly browsing..
I tried the same with Moto E one day and it freaking almost died 5-10 %.. IDK maybe it was just me, the phone wasnt rooted and no battery saver apps were installed like greenify.. perhaps it could improve then ? maybe it was hogging too much wifi even when standby, idk but it barely lasted a day

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Here's a good article published by digit which compares Moto E, Asus Zenphone and Xiaomi Redmi 1S;
Android sub 10K battle: Asus Zenfone 5 vs Moto E vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S | Digit.in

At 10k, ASUS phone seems to be just awesome, worth the premium:
Asus ZenFone 5 Review | Digit.in

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
+1000
@op the moto e is a safe buy but has poor battery backup in comparison to other more expensive phones but its the best quality phone at that price
id advice against these chinese and indian oems,they look good on paper etc but in the real world all that glitters isnt gold
xperia M is also a safe buy as [MENTION=110244]Nerevarine[/MENTION] suggested
if shes open to other platforms id also suggest the lumia 520,great phone ,poor display,decent camera
asus zenphone also looks and performs great plus asus is well established in india
id once again suggest against getting xiaomi phones

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Here's a good article published by digit which compares Moto E, Asus Zenphone and Xiaomi Redmi 1S;
Android sub 10K battle: Asus Zenfone 5 vs Moto E vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S | Digit.in

At 10k, ASUS phone seems to be just awesome, worth the premium:
Asus ZenFone 5 Review | Digit.in

Seriously ? is that a comparison ? even my posts are better than that .. its just an article that is supposed to link 2 reviews together.. they should have compared it with Zenfone 4 in the same price range.. Zenfone 5 is 50 % more expensive than the other 2 guys ..

ithehappy

Human Spambot
When someone's budget is 8k then only one phone comes to mind, that's Moto E. ZenPhone is good, but by no means compact.

rdx_halo

In the zone
Seriously ? is that a comparison ? even my posts are better than that .. its just an article that is supposed to link 2 reviews together.. they should have compared it with Zenfone 4 in the same price range.. Zenfone 5 is 50 % more expensive than the other 2 guys ..

I'm also looking to buy phone for my wife. Now I can go with Moto G but the main deal breaker could be the limited storage. She does not play any games her requirements will be only music, camera, and navigation app.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I'm also looking to buy phone for my wife. Now I can go with Moto G but the main deal breaker could be the limited storage. She does not play any games her requirements will be only music, camera, and navigation app.

if she doesnt care about games, getting the 16 GB (AKA 11GB) version is more than sufficient ..

@To others,
Seriously, stop judging a phone by specs alone, :lol: we havent even got a single hands on experience or review for Redmi 1s, nor do we have confirmation of any warranty service or quality of service..
I may be too paranoid about this, but i have very good reason to be, so pls go for the safer option or wait for launch reviews and service center reviews

OP,
Go for MOTO E, its durable, powerful and has actual warranty service.. its a safer pick..

rish1

Cyborg Agent

for music ,camera 5 gb should be more than enough but Moto G camera isn't good..

for 10k budget Asus Zenfone 5 camera is the best right now...

you can also look into lumia 520/525/630 , it fulfills all your requirements

Top Bottom