1. Budget?
15k to 35k.

2. Display type and size?
any type and 5-6' size.

3. Dual sim?
Yes.

4. Preferred choice of brand?
No.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Any decent camera will do based on price of phone.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android Only.

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
VOLTE ready

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
multimedia, eBooks and gaming.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
OnePlus 6, Honor 10 ( or View 10 ?) and Nokia 8 (it's display ppi looks great in specs),
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 ( pure android, dedicated memory card slot and 6gb model maybe ?)

10. Any other info that you want to share
  • Display must be good as I watch multimedia a lot and prefer good ppi.
  • Timely OS updates.
  • Prefer phone that can support latest and upcoming Android OS versions.
  • Good call volume.
  • Not planing to use custom roms.
  • Looking for durable phone. Don't like to change phones frequently. I had moto x force for 2 years but its display is dead and service center asking for 19k just for display :-x
  • Planing to buy within 10 days.
  • Good after sale service in Mumbai/Pune.

The race for high ppi is pointless in my opinion. You can't distinguish between pixels when ppi is greater than 300. I own an S8 & I see no difference between 1080p & 1440p (there's an option to change resolution like PCs) except for better battery life in 1080p by about 30min more SOT.

I strongly agree with Oneplus's approach of sticking to 1080p panels. It brings down cost, improves battery life & gaming performance.

15-35k is a big price gap. Phones at 15k can never compete with those at 35k. If you consider value for money, 15k phones are definitely better as most of the added features of a 35k aren't used by most people.

I would say OP6 at 35k is a great choice especially considering the fact that camera isn't the top priority. I'd say AMOLEDs are any day better than LCDs. Those blacks & extra saturation gives a great viewing experience. OP has good enough update schedules. S845 + 1080p display makes it great for gaming. Honor 10's SoC has a comparable CPU but inferior GPU. Do note that Honor 10 is more compact & lighter than OP6.

Phones are less durable nowadays as even back is glass. I personally would prefer metal back as its one less thing that can break (it covers a big surface area). I see no advantage of glass back as people end up with case anyhow. Wireless charging isn't something worth having, although Samsung has great wireless charging with much faster charging speeds compared to other manufacturers.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
If you need good after sale services
Why not something from Samsung ? like S7 or S8 Depending upon budget.. With some bank offer/during sale etc .. .. Updates may be an issue with s7 though..

Last edited:
How about moto z2 force (POLED) ?

BTW that 15k was just for Asus phone and Nokia 7 plus. Can't buy them due to lack of availability in market. No idea how OP6 sale will go.
Same as usual, invite system or something, I guess. Different from flash sales.

Moto phones have not been good for past 2 years or so. Updates aren't as fast as it can be considering its stock, overpriced for the specifications & other issues.

The Z2 Force has a bad screen to body ratio for a 2017 flagship from Moto, its camera can't compete with other flagships, camera lacks OIS, average battery life, not the best AMOLED panel (OP5T had a better panel although 1080p), even lack of HDR certification, etc. At 35k, OP6 is easily a better choice. Its shatter-resistant screen is good, but not a deal maker.

If you want good after sales, you should have picked up S8 at 39k during the sale, easily one of the best display in smartphones. The upgrades made in S9 are minor & I personally feel it is not worth buying because of the price difference.

OP
R

rapusa

Journeyman
Moto phones have not been good for past 2 years or so.
was looking at Moto X4 for stock android.
you should have picked up S8 at 39k during the sale
Was not planing to buy new one that time. My moto x force was in good condition but one power surge and bye bye to that so called shatter prof display. If service center had asked for fair price then I would not have needed to buy new one, but 19k for display of 22k phone ! (current price).

well what about nokia 8 ? not AMOLED but still look good enough on paper ?

was looking at Moto X4 for stock android.

Was not planing to buy new one that time. My moto x force was in good condition but one power surge and bye bye to that so called shatter prof display. If service center had asked for fair price then I would not have needed to buy new one, but 19k for display of 22k phone ! (current price).

well what about nokia 8 ? not AMOLED but still look good enough on paper ?

Moto X4 is just overpriced for its specs. It just looks premium, that's it.

Nokia 7 Plus is a good choice at 26k for stock android. It's a bit overpriced but that's what you pay for Nokia brand. They consider themselves equivalent to Samsung, LG, so they don't go for low pricing.

Nokia 8 is a decent choice if you are ok with the 16:9 display. That's its only problem IMO. LG G6 is also priced similarly with an inferior chipset but better camera, display & design.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Your best bet is OP6 if you want something cheaper then wait for Zenfone 5 most probably launch for 19k but no AMOLED

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
LG G6, white selling for 23k.
Make your own research before going for it tho.

Oh wait, looks like it sold out.

Top Bottom