Android phone under 20k

harshgupta16

Broken In
I want to buy an Android phone for my father. Below are the requirements:

1. Budget? Under 20k
2. Display type and size? 720p HD display or better, around 4.5 inches
3. Dual sim? Not required
4. Preferred choice of brand? Down till Micromax
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Front facing camera is not required, LED flash is a must.
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc) Android only
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). 3G is sufficient
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Internet
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? None yet (in very early stages of research)

Other information

1) Primary use- Browsing - My father mainly uses his phone to access the internet, so browsing speed should the best-in-class, with zero to no lag in scrolling.
2) Since no games and heavy apps would be installed, a high-end gaming GPU is not required, neither is a very advanced CPU.
3) The camera needs to be good. My sister has a Moto G but its camera is a bummer. LED flash, image stabilisation, auto-focus are important add-ons.
4) Good screen ppi, resolution and viewing angles.

Please suggest appropriate phones best matching my requirements. Is there any upcoming phone (in the next month or so) that I should wait for?

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Moto X eyes closed!

Got for my Dad!
He is pretty impressed!
We'll Google Now has accepted his accent with practice!Hahaha!

Anyways!
Talking of benchmarks it's damn close to S4!
Beautiful performance !
Camera is best in that range!

Will soon post complete review!

OP
H

harshgupta16

Broken In
I've been considering both Moto X and Xperia ZR. The X is slightly over my budget, fixed price at Flipkart @24k, they have an exchange offer right now but I dont have any extra devices.

From what I've gathered, ZR's camera is way ahead of X's. X might be better in terms of some features (Corning glass et al), but don't you feel ZR would be a better fit to my requirements and budget?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you do a quick comparison with Moto X specific to my requirements?

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
I've been considering both Moto X and Xperia ZR. The X is slightly over my budget, fixed price at Flipkart @24k, they have an exchange offer right now but I dont have any extra devices.

From what I've gathered, ZR's camera is way ahead of X's. X might be better in terms of some features (Corning glass et al), but don't you feel ZR would be a better fit to my requirements and budget?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you do a quick comparison with Moto X specific to my requirements?

Don't know about ZR but Z's Camera is way worse than Moto X!
Just Check out official Google Camera with Moto X!
Complete turnaround!

Matches all requirement!
Stock android!
OTA up till next 5 years from Google!
Heck heck of optimization !
Screen is better than Xperia Z for browsing!
NFC,4G
More processing power and RAM(Dude 1.7 GHz is way way faster than all 1.5 GHz quad cores !

In a one -liner it's a future proof phone at lest for next 2 years!

Top Bottom