Android phone arround 16k with dual sim

beworld

Broken In
1. Budget?
Upto 16k can be extended up to 20k if good option available.

2. Display type and size?
4.0 inch+

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Known brands

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touchscreen

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
A decent camera and video recording (5mp &+,720p & +)

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
Wifi,Bluetooth

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
Officesuite mxplayer poweramp and some gaming apps

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Listening music ,watching videos ,browsing,playing games(casual to medium) ,calling ,whatapp

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Sony xperia M (Might be better if internal memory above 4 gb )

12. Any other info that you want to share
The phone should have smooth interface, good battery life ,internal memmory should be more than 4 gb for apps.

Also share your view for brands like GIONEE , Intex, Xolo etc.

Thanks in advance.

Xperia M Dual is good option..........

Other options:
Sony Xperia M Dual vs Spice Pinnacle FHD Mi-525 vs iberry Auxus Nuclea N1 vs Lenovo P780: Compare Mobiles: Flipkart.com

Auxus Nuclea N1

sushovan

In the zone
Gionee E5 , Lenovo P780 are better than Xperia M in every aspect considering the price to performance ratio.

Superayush

Tech lover
Gionee E5 , Lenovo P780 are better than Xperia M in every aspect considering the price to performance ratio.

+1 to gionee elife e5
Gionee Elife E5 review
Also see the igyaans review for this phone quite good
Only con...non expandable memory

OP
B

beworld

Broken In
Friends thanks for the suggetions.

Taken from

Mobile Buying Guide

MobileOperating SystemDisplayResolutionCameraProcessorGPURamInternal MemoryBattery
Lava Iris 504QAndroid 4.25.0" IPS LCD720X1280 (294ppi)8MP (flash, 1080p)MediaTek MT6589 1.2Ghz quadcore (Cortex A7)SGX 5441GB4GB2000 mAh
Gionee Elife E5Android 4.24.8" S-AMOLED720X1280 (306ppi)8MP (flash, 1080p)MediaTek MT6589 1.2Ghz quadcore (Cortex A7)SGX 5441GB16GBLi-Ion 2000 mAh
Lenovo P780Android 4.25.0" IPS LCD720X1280 (294ppi)8MP (flash, 720p)MediaTek MT6589 1.2Ghz quadcore (Cortex A7)SGX 5441GB4GBLi-Ion 4000 mAh
Sony Xperia M DualAndroid 4.14.0"480X854 (245ppi)5MP (flash, 720p)Snapdragon S4 Plus 1Ghz dualcore (Krait)Adreno 3051GB4GBLi-Ion 1750 mAh

All have same processor MediaTek MT6589 1.2Ghz quadcore (Cortex A7) except Xperia M Dual

All have 4GB RAM except Elife E5

As I mentioned in Questionnaire my primary usage of mobile will be
Listening music ,watching videos ,browsing,playing games(casual to medium),calling ,whatapp

Pls ans following doubts.

1. If other spec not matter (i.e. - Screen size, Battery size etc.) which one will the best choice ?

2. Especially for listening music how is Lenove P780 or Lava Iris 504Q or Gionee Elife E5 compared to Xperia M Dual ?

3. As mentioned my primary usage of mobile will 4GB RAM be really constrain ?

Please guide.

Superayush

Tech lover
Friends thanks for the suggetions.

Taken from

Mobile Buying Guide

MobileOperating SystemDisplayResolutionCameraProcessorGPURamInternal MemoryBattery
Lava Iris 504QAndroid 4.25.0" IPS LCD720X1280 (294ppi)8MP (flash, 1080p)MediaTek MT6589 1.2Ghz quadcore (Cortex A7)SGX 5441GB4GB2000 mAh
Gionee Elife E5Android 4.24.8" S-AMOLED720X1280 (306ppi)8MP (flash, 1080p)MediaTek MT6589 1.2Ghz quadcore (Cortex A7)SGX 5441GB16GBLi-Ion 2000 mAh
Lenovo P780Android 4.25.0" IPS LCD720X1280 (294ppi)8MP (flash, 720p)MediaTek MT6589 1.2Ghz quadcore (Cortex A7)SGX 5441GB4GBLi-Ion 4000 mAh
Sony Xperia M DualAndroid 4.14.0"480X854 (245ppi)5MP (flash, 720p)Snapdragon S4 Plus 1Ghz dualcore (Krait)Adreno 3051GB4GBLi-Ion 1750 mAh

All have same processor MediaTek MT6589 1.2Ghz quadcore (Cortex A7) except Xperia M Dual

All have 4GB RAM except Elife E5

As I mentioned in Questionnaire my primary usage of mobile will be
Listening music ,watching videos ,browsing,playing games(casual to medium),calling ,whatapp

Pls ans following doubts.

1. If other spec not matter (i.e. - Screen size, Battery size etc.) which one will the best choice ?

2. Especially for listening music how is Lenove P780 or Lava Iris 504Q or Gionee Elife E5 compared to Xperia M Dual ?

3. As mentioned my primary usage of mobile will 4GB RAM be really constrain ?

Please guide.

If I am not wrong elife has 1.5 ghz quad core mediatek 6589T chipset with enhanced graphic frequency
Benchmarks of gionee elife e5
Quadrant Benchmark : 4871.
Antutu Benchmark : 16331.
Vellamo Benchmark : HTML5 – 1632, Metal – 579.
Nenamark2 : 55.1fps.
Multi Touch : 5 point.

For listening music elife e5 has dts sound
Source
Gionee Elife E5 review
Game play is impressive, I tried the Dead Trigger in high graphics mode, Asphalt 7 and Modern Combat 4. All of these games played really well, with no lags, you can check the gaming video at the end of the review.

Full HD videos can be played with ease. The sound quality is better (comes with DTS sound).

See it's better to have more internal storage as some apps cannot be moved to sd card and so ur phone memory can get full :)

OP
B

beworld

Broken In
Ayush you are right elife has 1.5 ghz quad core mediatek 6589T chipset source

but it has single SIM. So it is out of competition among Lenovo P780, Lava Iris 504 Q & Xperia M Dual.

I read so much for more internal storage (> 4GB) as you said some apps cannot be moved to sd card.

So tell me the option which has > 4 GB internal with Dual SIM & good processor.

:sad:

If I am not wrong elife has 1.5 ghz quad core mediatek 6589T chipset with enhanced graphic frequency
Benchmarks of gionee elife e5
Quadrant Benchmark : 4871.
Antutu Benchmark : 16331.
Vellamo Benchmark : HTML5 – 1632, Metal – 579.
Nenamark2 : 55.1fps.
Multi Touch : 5 point.

For listening music elife e5 has dts sound
Source
Gionee Elife E5 review
Game play is impressive, I tried the Dead Trigger in high graphics mode, Asphalt 7 and Modern Combat 4. All of these games played really well, with no lags, you can check the gaming video at the end of the review.

Full HD videos can be played with ease. The sound quality is better (comes with DTS sound).

See it's better to have more internal storage as some apps cannot be moved to sd card and so ur phone memory can get full :)

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
Except the effort required to swap memories(a measly 4GB internal space) in order to increase effective space, yeah :+1:

shreymittal

Being Human
If OP is not that heavy user and don't want HD Games all the time..you can live with that 2GB device if not just ROOT the device and SWAP 16GIGS Class 10 MicroSD Card you'll be good to go.

OP
B

beworld

Broken In
U mean to say issue of low internal memory i.e. 4 GB with xperia m dual can be solved by ROOT the device and SWAP...?
I don't know how to swap 16GB card.
Please explain exactly what this process will do.

If OP is not that heavy user and don't want HD Games all the time..you can live with that 2GB device if not just ROOT the device and SWAP 16GIGS Class 10 MicroSD Card you'll be good to go.

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
Please explain exactly what this process will do.

If you want a short answer,

Use Motochopper or Framaroot to ROOT your device first.. This will give you partial root access..
Then download BusyBox and install it.. This will give you COMPLETE root access ..
Then Download reboot remount fix for xperia devices.. After using this, the RW mount reboot issue will be resolved..
Install Script manager
Then download a custom made script from XDA to remount SD card as internal memory everytime your device boots.. (If you want to revert changes, just uninstall scriptmanager)
[Resolved] (guide xperia m) rooting , reboot fix, and swapping internal memory - xda-developers
Follow this guide..itll clear things up.. Do exactly as the guide states otherwise you might softbrick your device..

If you want a long answer,

Follow this thread --> Sony Xperia M/M Dual discussion

shreymittal

Being Human
U mean to say issue of low internal memory i.e. 4 GB with xperia m dual can be solved by ROOT the device and SWAP...? I don't know how to swap 16GB card. Please explain exactly what this process will do.

Yup you can
Do the same as posted by Nerevarine in M/M Dual thread
I'm also having Xperia M see my sigi..
Sony Xperia M/M Dual discussion

Top Bottom