Android Mobile with focus on Camera,Music @ 25k Budget

Darth Vader

In the zone
1. Budget? 25k
2. Display type and size? Touch and 4-4.5" inch
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? anything
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). Touch
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. 8-13MP with LED,autofocus,video call
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). Android.
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.3G,Wifi,Bluetooth
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?Flash,GPS,facebook,gmail....etc
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? Internet,Camera,Music & Gaming
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Xperia P
Xperia S/SL
Samsung Galaxy SII

12. Any other info that you want to share
Photo Compare Tool - GSMArena.com

If compared with Galaxy SII/SIII ,Xperia S/SL lacks in sharpness despite having a 12MP camera with good sensor.
I'm very much interested in Xperia SL,but these reviews are kinda confusing......

Kindly suggest a Android phone with Decent HW Spec,Internet connectivity,very good camera,Music & gaming.

tkin

Back to school!!
Look no further than Xperia SL: Sony Xperia SL vs. Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - GSMArena.com
SGS II is a fine phone, but its a dinosaur, and Xperia P has a battery that can't even light up a torch.

OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

In the zone
Look no further than Xperia SL: Sony Xperia SL vs. Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - GSMArena.com
,SGS II is a fine phone, but its a dinosaur, and Xperia P has a battery that can't even light up a torch.
Hey Dude
I know the SGS II is of the past,but look at the Pic Quality of both......Xperia S/SL pics & videos are sluggish and Dull.
I also don't know if GSMarena favors Samsung in their review ?

Galaxy Grand has some impressive scores lately.. worth checking
I don't think so.

ghost_z

Ghost From Hell !
OP if you got no issues with manufacturer not providing constant updates then nothing beats this at that price point !

LG OPTIMUS 4X HD
LG Optimus 4X HD Price in India, Latest Price, Specifications, Reviews - 91mobiles.com

EDIT : Oops missed the camera part, in music most androids are same and more or less are restricted by the EQ settings and the earphones you are using with them, but for pic quality definitely lg optimus 4x ain't gonna win any awards but at this price point its a very very VFM offering :)

And yeah Galaxy Grand should not be considered !

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Xperia SL is future proof. And by the way Sony is taking steps with updates for their Android line-ups, i would say invest in SL, get some camera tweaks from XDA and it will kill the S2 for sure.

tkin

Back to school!!
Hey Dude
I know the SGS II is of the past,but look at the Pic Quality of both......Xperia S/SL pics & videos are sluggish and Dull.
I also don't know if GSMarena favors Samsung in their review ?

I don't think so.
First of all the camera quality isn't that great on SGS II, if you downsample Xperia SL pics to 8MP it WILL trump SGS II eyes closed, plus Xperia video cam has option for stabilization etc, plus check the specs, SGS II is a great set, but selling it at 26k samsung is doing daylight robbery, plain and simple, correct price for SGS II is 21-22k max.

Nerevarine

Incarnate

The phone is crap because of the low rez screen but the benchmarks are good

58.8 on nenamark..

Even quadrant benchmark is higher than Xperia SL

Most likely the benchies are high because of the WVGA resolution

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
GL benchmark says Galaxy Grand GPU is not upto the mark, also note 187ppi, count teh pixels: Samsung Galaxy S II Plus review: Golden oldie - GSMArena.com

Alright guys, thanks for ur suggestions.
I'll be going for Xperia SL soon. :)
Go with it, and be happy, also Sony is leading the forefront in Android development, they even released the source code day 1, can never go wrong with SL.

ajaymailed

In the zone

The phone is crap because of the low rez screen but the benchmarks are good

58.8 on nenamark..

Even quadrant benchmark is higher than Xperia SL

Most likely the benchies are high because of the WVGA resolution
Broadcom CPU for Grand? if its a Cortex A9 then it will likely perform better than Xperia SLs Scorpion. Normally the Exynos powering Galaxy S2 , Note etc will beat the krap out of any Scorpion powered phone as far as benchmarks are concerned. That should be the only major downside for Xperia S/SL, its Soc its pretty old, almost 2 yrs.

Xperia T with dual core Krait is much better. Sony is always the last in packing their phones with latest hardware, their dual core phones came out just a month before first quad core in the market. and now Xperia Z, is coming out, HTC/Sammy or even LG will be planning to release phone with their second generation quad core Socs soon.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
Broadcom CPU for Grand? if its a Cortex A9 then it will likely perform better than Xperia SLs Snapdragon. Normally the Exynos powering Galaxy S2 , Note etc will beat the krap out of any Snapdragon powered phone as far as benchmarks are concerned.
Just says dual core: Samsung Galaxy Grand I9080 - Full phone specifications

Scorpion cpu in S3 performs as good if not better than A9 dual cores, check the specs, just like how krait performs as good as A15 cores, Krait (CPU) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Also it has Adreno 220, one of the best GPUs out there competing comfortably with Mali 400MP, and yes, exynos quad core is more powerful than S3 easily, but Xperia SL has to compete with SGS II only, and at the same price as Exynos quad core competes with Krait dual core and its a head to head fight.

So a choice between XPeria SL and SGS II should be easy.

ajaymailed

In the zone
Just says dual core: Samsung Galaxy Grand I9080 - Full phone specifications

Scorpion cpu in S3 performs as good if not better than A9 dual cores, check the specs, just like how krait performs as good as A15 cores, Krait (CPU) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Also it has Adreno 220, one of the best GPUs out there competing comfortably with Mali 400MP, and yes, exynos quad core is more powerful than S3 easily, but Xperia SL has to compete with SGS II only, and at the same price as Exynos quad core competes with Krait dual core and its a head to head fight.

So a choice between XPeria SL and SGS II should be easy.
S2 probably has the better Soc, Exynos 4210 was pretty good compared to other phones released in 2011, Xperia S shares the same hardware even though released in 2012. Still Xperia S is clearly better because of its Camera & 720p Display Resolution. Both are decisive.

tkin

Back to school!!
S2 probably has the better Soc, Exynos 4210 was pretty good compared to other phones released in 2011, Xperia S shares the same hardware even though released in 2012. Still Xperia S is clearly better because of its Camera & 720p Display Resolution. Both are decisive.
Hmm, I don't see S2 here, but here SL is battling with the likes of Tegra 3, Exynos quadcore and Krait Dual core and not losing that badly: Sony Xperia SL review: The NXT one - GSMArena.com

ajaymailed

In the zone
Hmm, I don't see S2 here, but here SL is battling with the likes of Tegra 3, Exynos quadcore and Krait Dual core and not losing that badly: Sony Xperia SL review: The NXT one - GSMArena.com
It is losing pretty badly.
Xperia SL has 8260 Snapdragon, with two 1.7 Ghz Scorpion cores and Adreno 220.
which Similar to Xperia S, or the older HTC Sensation Soc except for the increase in clockspeed.
Scorpion Core doesn't have the raw performance to match Cortex A9. So any Soc designed around Cortex A9 is likely to perform better than the one designed with Scorpion Core.

Besides Exynos 4412 has shown excellent performance in various benchmarks compared to other. Anandtech gives detailed review of galaxy s2 and hardware capabilities.
AnandTech - Samsung Galaxy S 2 (International) Review - The Best, Redefined

Sony Xperia S vs. Samsung Galaxy S II: S-hootout - GSMArena.com
S2 has 20 to 30% better FPS over Xperia S in nenamark 2. Even for Xperia SL, the benchmark is 38. but S2 pushes to 45.

however Krait Socs have solved Sony & HTC Problems. They have clearly beaten Exynos quad as far as raw performance is concerned. But Sammy will soon come out with a Cortex A15 cum Cortex A7 Soc called Exynos 5 Octa and Mali T658 GPU which will probably the turn the tables. Mali T604 itself is giving Adreno 320 a run for its money if the nexus 10 benchmarks are to be believed.

Last edited:

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Dont ever go for Galaxy Grand....Its display is such that if looked into nearly,you can see the pixels.Better wait for SGS2 Plus or go with Galaxy S2..Sony's Xperia SL is also a nice phone in that price range,and if compared against Galaxy S2/Grand,I would pick SL anyday!!!No comparison.

Top Bottom