ANDROID F.A.I.L.I.N.G or What??(Tablets)

PHOENiX7

Broken In
Allright,straight to topic,my many friends,aRe now saying android tabs are overpriced and many people even around internet are saying "get a iPad Air 2 android tabs are overpriced"
may I know what is criticism all about ?

I was planning to buy a new nvidia or nexus Tablet,should I proceed or buy a 64gb ipad ditching some cash?

I have used a ipad pretty far(my father has a ipad 4g 16gb)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
You can do everything in an android phone that you do in an android tablet.. IMO, its redundant and worthless buying an android tablet.. instead go for full 32 bit Windows tablets.. they serve as a nice 8 inch laptop when paired with a keyboard and mouse and browsing on a windows browser is much better than android or IOS

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I don't think they are overpriced compared to ipads considering that you can get an android tab for as low as 3k (i know, crap ones are this cheap). Good ones like Asus phonepad 7, Nexus 7 and Dell venue 7/8 cost around 9-15k. I can see ipad mini (16gb wifi) costs 16k.

Some member's Nexus 7 (2012) is still going strong. I think [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] has one.

+1 to windows tablets/hybrids too.

OP
P

PHOENiX7

Broken In
You can do everything in an android phone that you do in an android tablet.. IMO, its redundant and worthless buying an android tablet.. instead go for full 32 bit Windows tablets.. they serve as a nice 8 inch laptop when paired with a keyboard and mouse and browsing on a windows browser is much better than android or IOS

I cant still get it into my brain and u just gave me a headache by filling a dilemma into my brain

I have used ipad- A Gr8 tablet

I have used NeXus-A gr8 tablet

I have used HP envyX2 a Gr8 Windows Tablet

I still dont understand whats wrong with android nowadays

:facepalm::facepalm:

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think they are overpriced compared to ipads considering that you can get an android tab for as low as 3k (i know, crap ones are this cheap). Good ones like Asus phonepad 7, Nexus 7 and Dell venue 7/8 cost around 9-15k. I can see ipad mini (16gb wifi) costs 16k.

Some member's Nexus 7 (2012) is still going strong. I think [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] has one.

+1 to windows tablets/hybrids too.

I have a n7 2012 with a cracked screen i dont use it nowadays,
Its a gr8 tablet

Windows hybrids well I have envy x2 hybrid as my main Lappy and it kinda SUCKS
its Pentium(or atom) processor is quite slow+windows store is kinda emptyishh

Also yet even if my EANVY X2 has 14hrs battey and a hd display and a Huge storage space I somewhat feel it dosent fell ENOGH.I feel its good only on paper

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I still dont understand whats wrong with android nowadays

Because mobile OSes are meant to be mobile OSes.. they are meant for "light consumers", you watch videos, play small games, lightly browse the internet .. All of which can be done on an android phone, add to the fact that android phones and android tablets have almost the same resolution/price (moto G = 720p, Nexus 7 (old) = 720p, both almost same price bracket).. it doesnt make sense at all to buy an android tablet, atleast for me..

My daily schedule : really heavy browsing with ~ 8 tabs each on 2-3 windows, C sharp coding using monodevelop, pc gaming, none of which can be satisfied by an android or ios tablet.. Hence, my pov : android tablets arent worth it..
the first two of my requirements can be easily done using a windows tablet however..Also, the intel baytrail supports quicksync.. you can basically convert your tablet into a video transcoding powerhouse and the fact that some newer windows tablets support some older games pretty well (l4d2, prince of persia, tf2, csgo etc)

Again this is all my perspective !

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Oh yea.. I have Nexus 7 (2012) running butter smooth Lollipop (Official Stock ROM as of now), and I am loving it. :D

$hadow

Geek in making
This is where perspective matters. For me I read lots of books and a lot of games but on a similar side i want a phone which can be used with one hand so I use Nexus 7 both 1st and 2nd gen. I went for 7 inch factor since I can put it in my pocket easily. But for some 7 inch for a tab is not enough. I have used ipad mini but the fact it that you should buy apple product only in case you are willing to go in their ecosystem or else having a standalone product won't do much good.

Top Bottom