Android 20-25K phone with decent camera, separate sd slot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
1. Budget? 20 - 25 K
2. Display type and size? Any type 5.0 - 5.5 inch, FullHD
3. Dual sim? Yes
4. Preferred choice of brand? Any
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Should be able to click decent photos even at close range, colour reproduction should be as faithful as possible
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Android as close to native as possible
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). 4G in both slots
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Phone, camera, internet, multimedia, gaming in descending order
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Mi A1/G5 S+, Moto Z2 Play/OP3T, LG V20/Nokia 8
10. Any other info that you want to share :
Budget is around 20 (best case) within 25 (if a good phone worth the price is available) and do not bother unless out of this world improvement for above 25 K.
RAM of 4 GB and storage 64 GB are needed. RAM 3 GB may work if everything else is good but no compromise on 64 GB.
Discrete MicroSD slot is must.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Your requirements are similar than mine: Budget around 25K, dual sim, gaming least preference, must have 64 GB memory, dedicated Micro SD card slot and others.
My thread: Buying new phone with a personality (after my Moto X died)

Let me tell you I am beating my head and frustrated that not one phone below 25k is meeting all my requirements. That's why I too reached conclusion that LG V20 is best suited for me, even if it's a phablet. Btw, you mentioned 25k as your upper limit, even then you have kept LG V20 in your consideration. Did you find this phone at low price than 25K?

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I am primarily asking for my friend who set the budget at 20 stretchable to 25. I know that he can afford upto 30. So if such an excellent phone is there I could convince him.

I have been reading up further. Looks like V20 is the best option provided budget permits. Otherwise A1 could be a stop gap until a better one presents.

I have decided to present him only these 3 options and let him decide.

Note: My Z3+ may also need replacement if it stops charging (I have some doubts on the USB pin) and then this will help me too.

monkey

Padawan
Your requirements are similar than mine: Budget around 25K, dual sim, gaming least preference, must have 64 GB memory, dedicated Micro SD card slot and others.
My thread: Buying new phone with a personality (after my Moto X died)

Same case was with me. But I have gone for Xperia XA1 Plus. I finding it to be great phone for my requirements (dual SIM and separate microSD slot). Haven't faced any lag issue after loading tons of apps. But the best part is battery - after medium usage I am still left with 60% battery at the end of the day. :)

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Thank you @monkey for that XA1 Plus suggestion. I had totally forgotten about Sony midrangers because of MediaTek processor. But it would be good for my friend because Sony has promised Oreo for this already. Only downside will be the 32 GB internal storage while he is looking for 64 GB.

ezio16

Journeyman
If you just get compromised on micro SD slot, you could consider Vivo V5 Plus. Because it's having all your requirements except SD card slot. Front Camera with dual lens is awesome.
BTW now and then there will be exchange discounts of extra 5000 for Vivo V5 Plus in both Flipkart and Amazon, so it could be bought in less than 17 or 18 K.
Wouldn't have suggested it if you hadn't listed Mi in your preference.
Have a check into this.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Zenfone 3 64Gb
*www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01JZ76V2...9-b270-44de-9fcc-5cf0a06a7727&pf_rd_i=desktop

Phone is very good looking I am using 32GB version of this device and i am very satisfied with it.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
If you just get compromised on micro SD slot, you could consider Vivo V5 Plus. Because it's having all your requirements except SD card slot. Front Camera with dual lens is awesome.
BTW now and then there will be exchange discounts of extra 5000 for Vivo V5 Plus in both Flipkart and Amazon, so it could be bought in less than 17 or 18 K.
Wouldn't have suggested it if you hadn't listed Mi in your preference.
Have a check into this.
Vivo and oppo phones shouldn't be recommended for over 10k budget.

ezio16

Journeyman
Vivo and oppo phones shouldn't be recommended for over 10k budget.
I'm using it for a while now and I don't regret getting this anytime. So felt like sharing my suggestion bro.
Moreover, they have one of the best front camera.

Sent from my vivo 1611 using Tapatalk

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I'm using it for a while now and I don't regret getting this anytime. So felt like sharing my suggestion bro.
Moreover, they have one of the best front camera.

Sent from my vivo 1611 using Tapatalk
Reason for including Mi in my original piece was because of clean Android and expectation of regular software upgrades.

ezio16

Journeyman
Reason for including Mi in my original piece was because of clean Android and expectation of regular software upgrades.

Okay then, Vivo is not for you. It's Apple inspired UI and I kind of like it. And one thing this phone has brought into me is that I'm using the camera more nowadays :D

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I already expressed displeasure for Samsung phones in my first post. So I have narrowed down my want to following products:
LG V20, or
LG G6

Now it's only the battle between these too.

I consider LG V20 instead of LG G6 for:
- Dedicated SIM slot
- Removable battery
- Secondary display (which gives this phone a unique personality)
- IR blaster

I consider LG G6 over LG V20 for:
- 16:9 full vision display, (since no secondary display)
- Dust and Waterproof (since no removable battery)

Price of both of them are around 30K with LG G6 slightly on higher side at Rs 33k. Been waiting for some kind of sale on either Amazon.in or Flipkart, but so far prices are only increasing on Amazon.in.

Top Bottom