An irking problem with dvd drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_Sathish

Right off the assembly line
Hi everyone,
I av a dual os with Win Xp in D drive and Win 98 in C drive. I recently got a weird and an irking problem - my dvd drive ejects the tray periodically for every 30 secs or so whenever I boot into win 98(No prob with XP). I realize I've been infected by some sort of spyware. I googled and found few solutions of deleting registry keys in HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE but that didnt work. Its a RundlI32/rundli sort of damn thin runnin in the computer memory. Earlier I had the same prob with XP, But on deleting the registry keys the problem was solved in XP.But I cudnt solve it in 98. PLZ HELP ME A WAY OUT!!!!!!!!!!

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
YOU MAY BE RIGHT THAT MAY BE A VIRUS OR SPYWARE BUT ANY HOW TRY THIS AFTER PERFORMING SYSTEM RESTORE,

Disable your cd device in device manager when cd tray is open,then you restart the system

secondly verify if any of your bus or power cables are bad

the most systems facing this type of error is due to the software naming DIRECTCD did you installe dthat software if so disable that service

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Ahem .. Is it a Samsung drive ..??

If not .. Then try downloading Malicious Software Removal Tool and scanning your system with it .. It takes care of most common viruses around ..

a_tif

Journeyman
D_Sathish said:
Hi everyone,
I av a dual os with Win Xp in D drive and Win 98 in C drive. I recently got a weird and an irking problem - my dvd drive ejects the tray periodically for every 30 secs or so whenever I boot into win 98(No prob with XP). I realize I've been infected by some sort of spyware. I googled and found few solutions of deleting registry keys in HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE but that didnt work. Its a RundlI32/rundli sort of damn thin runnin in the computer memory. Earlier I had the same prob with XP, But on deleting the registry keys the problem was solved in XP.But I cudnt solve it in 98. PLZ HELP ME A WAY OUT!!!!!!!!!!

if u cant remove the virus format ur win 98 drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom