AMD to upgrade memory Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

indro

In the zone
AMD is going to upgrade the memory controller soon .The new parts support double sided DIMMs in all slots at DDR-400. Previously you had to drop to DDR-333 or take your chances. Now it should just work. It will probably also be faster, but I have yet to see numbers.For those out of the loop, E0 will also bring massive power savings due to the IBM strained silicon process along with SSE3. If AMD ever gets around to announcing them, they will be a very good thing

www.theinquirer.net

[flAsh]

In the zone
Nothing can beat a IBM Power PC 970FX (also termed as Apple's G5) which is a 64bit processor and has 2Ghz speed. at last Apple entered the GHZ war.

Nothing new in ur news (atleast 4 me :wink: )!! (don't take me wrong :roll: ) Mobile Athlon64 FX techniques are soon to b used in Athlon 64 FX too make it consume less power per clock cycle. the move is made against intel's declaration that it wud supply Pentium M with 64bit functionality on 925XE chipset which supperts 1000Mhz FSB. Nice fight :wink:

Talking about SSE3, only few games including FARCRY, Painkiller r able use this extension. SSE2 is currently the hot favourate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom