AMD Officially Confirms New Radeon Flagship – R9 390X Read more: *wccftech.com/amd-reveals-ra

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
*cdn4.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Radeon-R9-390X-concept.jpg

AMD officially confirms for the first time ever the existence of a new Radeon flagship. The Fiji XT based Radeon R9 390X in all likelihood. The unreleased flagship graphics card in question was running the Showdown demo on the Oculus Rift Crescent Bay. We exclusively told you four days ago that AMD was going to use the graphics card to run demos at GDC and in fact they did.

AMD’s recently announced LiquidVR set of technologies were demoed on this unreleased flagship Radeon GPU. The virtual reality demo is dubbed “Showdown” and uses Unreal Engine 4. It involves a huge robot that’s causing all kinds of mayhem in the city around you. Explosions, flying debris and a car being flipped over all in a slow motion immersive 360 degree experience. Unfortunately this is all that’s been officially revealed by AMD so far, but it shouldn’t be long before AMD launches the GPU now that they’ve began to use it in public demos. In fact only three weeks ago we exclusively told you that AMD has sufficient inventory of the R9 390X to begin demoing it publicly.

Back to the Radeon graphics card in question. From here on all the information that you will see concerning the R9 390X is based on unconfirmed but very genuine leaks. The R9 390X graphics card will allegedly be based on AMD’s upcoming flagship Fiji XT GPU. The graphics card will be the first ever to feature stacked high bandwidth memory, or HBM for short.

The card will allegedly feature a hybrid “Hydra” liquid cooling unit similar to the one on the company’s current dual-GPU flagship and the fastest graphics card in the world the R9 295X2. Fiji XT will allegedly feature 4096 stream processors, 4GB of HBM VRAM, 4096bit wide memory interface for a whopping 640GB/S bandwidth, nearly three times as much memory bandwidth as the GTX 980.

Source: AMD Officially Confirms New Radeon Flagship - R9 390X Ultra-Enthusiast Graphics Card In All Likelihood

$hadow

Geek in making
Re: AMD Officially Confirms New Radeon Flagship – R9 390X Read more: *wccftech.com/amd-reveal

So will I be able to buy it if I sold my both kidneys. :-D

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Re: AMD Officially Confirms New Radeon Flagship – R9 390X Read more: *wccftech.com/amd-reveal

Well, price hasn't been quoted yet.

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!

You can keep one kidney but for Nvidia you will have to sell both :wink:

But you will have to sell your other kidney later to pay for power bills. :wink: :wink:

$hadow

Geek in making

^^Haha I am already having a hard time with electricity bills.

kartikoli

Busy!!

haha I just hope this time AMD does something better in terms of heat and power consumption

Nerevarine

Incarnate

Something new finally, goodbye DDR5, say hello to HBM

Top Bottom