AMD FX 6300 Temperature 80 Degree at boot (cleaned dust by removing heat sink)

AMDUser

Right off the assembly line
Please help me, I cleaned the dust after 4 years but now after re attaching the heat sink my CPU temperature is very high and the fan noise is like jet(using stock fan/heat sink).

I turned off the PC for safety.

Do I need to reapply thermal paste? or buy a new cpu cooler. I live in hot area so please suggest a good option.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Reaapply the thermal paste and then check the temps. Follow a guide on YouTube of the same Also, if you have the budget, go for a good quality thermal paste.

OP
AMDUser

AMDUser

Right off the assembly line
Reaapply the thermal paste and then check the temps. Follow a guide on YouTube of the same Also, if you have the budget, go for a good quality thermal paste.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply, sorry I did not apply thermal paste. I shutdown the PC after watching temperature. Can you please recommend a good thermal paste?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thanks a lot for the quick reply, sorry I did not apply thermal paste. I shutdown the PC after watching temperature. Can you please recommend a good thermal paste?
First, use isopropyl alcohol to clean the heatsink and CPU contact surfaces. Kryonaut is the best non-metallic option available right now but if you have lower budget, get MasterGel Nano or Noctua NT-H1.

quicky008

Technomancer
fx series cpus are known to heat up significantly during normal operations-its quite possible that the stock hsf of his fx 6300 is not being able to keep the cpu sufficiently cool while gaming(not to mention its also really noisy,which is very annoying).

by upgrading to some aftermarket cooler he is likely to benefit from lower running temps overall of his cpu under idle and load conditions,which i think he'd appreciate.

but if the op feels that its wont be worthwhile to invest in a new cooler for his ageing cpu and wants to continue using the existing cooler then its entirely his prerogative.

Top Bottom