AMD 5xxx series discussion

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Confused...Post any other link if available
Nothing much to confuse. There is no Ryzen 4000 series CPUs (the ones with no iGPU), for whatever reason they skipped it. But there are 4000 series APUs (the ones with iGPU) for laptop and desktop. And they are of the same generation as Ryzen 3000 series CPUs.
Ryzen 1000 CPU and Ryzen 2000 APU are of same gen - Zen
Ryzen 2000 CPU and Ryzen 3000 APU are of same gen - Zen+
Ryzen 3000 CPU and Ryzen 4000 APU are of same gen - Zen 2
Ryzen 5000 CPU - Zen 3

shreeux

Movie Buff
Nothing much to confuse. There is no Ryzen 4000 series CPUs (the ones with no iGPU), for whatever reason they skipped it. But there are 4000 series APUs (the ones with iGPU) for laptop and desktop. And they are of the same generation as Ryzen 3000 series CPUs.
Ryzen 5000 CPU - Zen 3

Wow...Good

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Ryzen 5000 CPU - Zen 3

I think Ryzen 4000 series APUs for desktop is OEM only. The ones available at primeabgb, mdcomputers, etc probably comes with open box.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I think Ryzen 4000 series APUs for desktop is OEM only. The ones available at primeabgb, mdcomputers, etc probably comes with open box.
Yeah, they were for system integrators and OEMs. Even in the listings by online retailers they have mentioned that it's OEM and someone from our forum has enquired about this with AMD and they have confirmed AMD will honour warranty. There are some youtube videos of these chips from retailers and there we can see how the packing would be. Cooler comes in a separate package not like the retail unit.

kartikoli

Busy!!
I am waiting for 5500 or 5600 at 15~18k budget, Frankly speaking I won't spend 27k just for processor alone so hoping we will have same kind of single core performance gain over 3xxx series

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^You are right, 5600X is too costly for mid range builds in India right now.

R5 5600 will probably release above 20k since AMD is releasing processors at higher price this time. We can only hope for good pricing after March when Intel's release their Rocket Lake.

I am waiting for 5500 or 5600 at 15~18k budget, Frankly speaking I won't spend 27k just for processor alone so hoping we will have same kind of single core performance gain over 3xxx series
Definitely, it is expensive. But considering the price hikes & lack of competition from Intel, I'm expecting R5 5600 at $220-250. Time will tell how good future 4c/8t or 6c/6t parts are as those are the ones that will likely be available at 15k or so.

If R5 3600 gets back to 16k, that is still a good product.

kartikoli

Busy!!
Completely agree about the prices I think its time we see what mobile phones industry did after Micromax, Xolo etc... vanished. They set a standard at 15k budget making people increase budget from 10~12k to 15k (Ofc with better hardware/performance). Now I see thats what AMD is doing, increasing budget for buyers to get much better hardware/perforamnce.
Normal people go with the series so even 4 core processor is much better than my aging 6 core first gen 1600 i would still want to stick to 6 core 5xxx series so my options would be 5600 rather than 5500 making my budget slot increase from 15k to 20~22k.
(This is a golden opportunity for Intel to grab such buyers)

Top Bottom