Amazon did not deliver replacement and also inferior product - amazon basics pen drive

patkim

Cyborg Agent
While this is not very important review but I share some experience here. When it comes to pen drives I only trust SanDisk. All my pen drives are from SanDisk. It’s one of the best when it comes to quality and reliability.

At the moment I do not need any more pen drives but I thought why not have one more in my kit. In past I have good experience with Amazon Basics products, so this time I ordered Amazon Basics USB 3 64 GB. Also all my SanDisk drives look the same so I have to tag them!

*www.amazon.in/Amazon-Basics-Flash-Drive-Silver/dp/B0CGCZPNWY/?th=1

It was horribly bad. See the results. Also highly unreliable. So I ordered replacement. The replacement was to be delivered on 26-April. Till 10 PM no one arrived and at 10:30 PM the status changed to Delivered. Details show Delivered near porch or front door.

The delivery partner stole it or lost it & it and never came to my house. The return pickup also did not happen. I checked with security, it was not there as well. Also they are not supposed to deliver without return pickup.

I complained to amazon and they promised return and refund. Still new return status is not reflecting in my account, it still shows waiting for pickup from previous replacement. Amazon has no explanation for this experience.

Attachments

• amazon.png
    amazon.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Amazon-Basics-USB-Pen-Drive.png
    Amazon-Basics-USB-Pen-Drive.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 16
OP
patkim

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Well today comes a new surprise. No one came to my door to pick up the item and the status shows Return Received 29-Apr-24 online.

Again a replacement is ordered by Amazon and agent has now scheduled a new pickup for 2-May. and they say refund will be received after item is received!
Looks like Amazon is headed towards becoming another snapdeal or flipkart.

Attachments

• return.png
    return.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 12

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I never buy Amazon Basic products out of principle. They buy young startups, use their technology, launch their product under their own brands like Amazon basics and Solimo, thereby killing the startup.

Top Bottom