Amaze vs Dzire

Status
Not open for further replies.

nipunmaster

MuSiC AnD GaMiNg
What are your requirements, your budget, your usage?
I had booked a petrol Amaze the first time I saw it, but then cancelled it. First is that Honda is giving the worst interiors in its cars. I sat on the back seat, and believe me, I felt like I was sitting in a decade old used car. The interiors are totally crap, never imagined this from a brand like Honda. I think this is due to Honda's new approach. Before some years, when Honda was producing better cars, they had all cars above 10 lakhs. And now all cars are below 10 lakhs, the CR-V being the only car above 15lakhs. They just want to increase the volume. Dont go blindly towards the mileage that they quote. And do refer the bonnet strength, the materials used. Great mileage usually means inferior part quality. And other weird thing, which ultimately led me to cancel the amaze was the absence of proper space to put speakers. The tray given in the rear cant hold speakers greater than 4 inch. This means I am forced to hear sound from such small speakers for eternity. Ofcourse you can cut the tray, but that would deteriorate the look of the interiors.

I think out of the two options, I would prefer the swift dzire.

nipunmaster

MuSiC AnD GaMiNg
How about.... Xcent? I am using one for few months and it is way better than what you mentioned, if it is Petrol. For diesel, I suggest you to go with Zest.

Xcent is a VFM car. But there have been serious quality issues with Xcent. The review at team-bhp says it doesnt even have a covering beneath it. So when you drive, anything will bounce and probably hit the engine, and other components from the base. Is it true?

Chevrolet sail is also a good sedan, if you want comfort and security. It has acres of space and has a safe cage structure. Also the engine and pickup is good.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Xcent is a VFM car. But there have been serious quality issues with Xcent. The review at team-bhp says it doesnt even have a covering beneath it. So when you drive, anything will bounce and probably hit the engine, and other components from the base. Is it true?

Chevrolet sail is also a good sedan, if you want comfort and security. It has acres of space and has a safe cage structure. Also the engine and pickup is good.

Covering? You mean under-body protection? I am driving in no-road conditions and so far I haven't go any issues, even after a lot of rocks hitting under-body. So that shouldn't be the issue.

No idea about Sail, but considering OP's option of Amaze v DZire, Xcent makes sensible buy, as it gives you best of both worlds, quality and performance. But only if he need Petrol.

$hadow

Geek in making
I have used xcent for a week and the handling on that car is awesome and also for city driving it is a nice car

ashs1

Padawan
There are quality concerned for amaze and xcent...the new Tata zest seems to be good overall, but I'd rather go for dzire as Maruti has better servicing centres( have owned santro, indica and sx4.. Hence, speaking from personal experience..) , much cheaper spare parts and are efficient.. Thus, peace of mind is assured..
The handling on the dzire is also pretty good...

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
There are quality concerned for amaze and xcent...the new Tata zest seems to be good overall, but I'd rather go for dzire as Maruti has better servicing centres( have owned santro, indica and sx4.. Hence, speaking from personal experience..) , much cheaper spare parts and are efficient.. Thus, peace of mind is assured..
The handling on the dzire is also pretty good...

What quality concern in Xcent? I own Xcent and drive it everyday. Can you please care to explain?

We own Xcent, SX4, Xylo, XUV and Alto in our family, and drive them time to time. So I have come across service for MS/Hyundai/M&M.

Ofcourse MS is good, but Hyundai is not so behind. MS spares are not cheaper anymore. Hyundai's are not that expensive. And peace of mind, c'mon, Hyundai will not rob you and MS will not save up for you.

ankushv

Journeyman
I have an amaze vx idtec 2013 and dzire vdi 2013 . Both are good . Amaze may have bland interiors but the new model is refreshing . Dzire has very less back seat comfort space and leg room wise . Amaze has a better back seat leg room wise . Amaze has a much better engine but refinement is low . Dzire has a smooth engine (diesel) but has turbo lag . The quality of switches and interior of the amaze is better . Amaze top speed is electronically limited to 140kmh (diesel) , dzire does not have that limitation . Amaze feels more planted in the road than the dzire . Amaze gives me a slightly better average than my dzire . Dzire has a much smaller boot compared to amaze . Dzire has bad brakes in vdi version . Amaze that i have has abs and ebd which is awesome . The seats of the amaze are thinner than the dzire , some people might find it uncomfortable . Amaze has no cd player (only usb and aux)and very bad speakers in my 2013 vx model . Dzire (vdi 2013) has a cd player and a much better sounding music system than the amaze .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom