Alright, its time for an input upgrade

doomgiver

Warframe
Ok, ignore the crass title, im feeling very angry with my peripherals atm. (AS ALWAYS, TL;DR AVAILABLE AT BOTTOM OF MY LENGHTY POST):liar:

What I'm using atm :

www.flipkart.com/lenovo-m6811-usb-2-0-laser-mouse/p/itmd5etzdk3nheqc Lenovo M6811 USB 2.0 Laser Mouse

Rocker Slim Multimedia Keyboard RX4 USB - Amkette Rocker Slim Multimedia Keyboard RX4 USB

was previously using a logitech keyboard. Error 500 Server Error (logitech K100)

MAJOR PROBLEMS :
Mouse :
  • Mousewheel stopped working on day 1 (will scroll in random directions on rolling. totally unusable).
  • Pressing both mouse1+mouse2 keys toggles state of DPI (ie, will go low if high, and will go high if low. Severly affects some games where you gotta press both buttons sometiems, like FPS and MMO's).
  • (Recent problem) Buttons arre getting hard to press. I opened the mouse up and discovered that the "nub" of material that is supposed to press down on the contacts in the actual mouse board are worn down.... i was like, wtf... how the heck did it wear down? as a stopgap, i put some paper in the middle so it could actually press down on the contacts.
  • (recent problem) mouse buttons double/triple click. will register multiple clicks on single press. all my mice suffered same problem. :/ am i unlucky or what?
  • mouse buttons make too much noise.

Keyboard :
  • Keyboard worked like a FREAKING DREAM for first 2 weeks. Super soft action, little to no tactile feedback. Almost zero noise. Now its a horrendous noisy beast. Spacebar and E key make the most noise.
  • I opened it up and guess waht i found? its a membrane based k/b. you have small cups (they look like areola with abnormally large nipples ಠ_ಠ ) This is a completely new design to me (im used to a "sheet" of such cups, not individual cups). more freaking cost cutting measures. This also means that i couldnt replace the offending keys (since the keys themselves were in a closed enclosure.)
  • srsly, screw these guys who make these keyboards.
  • now, my fingers hurt when typing on the damned k/b and it makes too much noise too.

My needs :
  1. soft, SILENT keys/buttons (i'd MUCH prefer softer keys over silent ones. i dont wanna kill my digits)
  2. k/b must have multimedia/macroable keys (macroable is not a dealbreaker, but no MM keys is)
  3. mouse MUST have shoulder buttons
  4. as many extra buttons on mouse/kb as possible. (im a huge mmo gamer, need all the keys i can get)
  5. shouldnt be eye-wateringly expensive. im an indian after all.

Some stuff i dug up (review/check it please) :

KEYBOARD - HP FF861AA | HP Mechanical Keyboard
got recommendation from this thread : *www.digit.in/forum/hardware-q/187317-keyboard-buy.html . I'm not sure if its mechanical or not, OP not yet responded (prolly the kb mafia got him)

*www.qhmpl.com/category/keyboard-and-mouse.html <Quantum (QHMPL)
i used one of these keyboards in a CYBER CAFE. by god, it was as good as a keyboard as i could hope for. i mean, a kb in a CYBER CAFE... having that good performance (almost no noise, soft, short travel keys). i was blown away (also could be that the shopkeeper had just installed new keyboards :-D). Anyone have any experience with these keyboards/company?

*www.flipkart.com/logitech-g300-gaming-usb-2-0-mouse/p/itmdnymkfcscpxn2
G300. im SERIOUSLY considering buying this. 6 macroable buttons, 3 profiles. decent price (will need to "persuade" a bit -.- )

*www.flipkart.com/dragon-war-dragunov-gaming-laser-mouse-usb/p/itmdr3smwpde6rat
DW dragunov.... the 1st guy who reviewed it, i think he's decent, he rightfylly ripped into the silly digiflip mouse, and has posted generally decent reviews. this would be my 2nd choice.

*www.digit.in/forum/peripherals/186740-mouse-help-me-choose-give-me-advice.html
lastly, one of these dragon war thingies.

Concluding :

I really dunno what/which keyboard to get (i've nearly decided on the mouse, just a matter of money :/ ), so please do help me out with keyboard atleast.

TL;DR :

Need a soft+silent mouse+keyboard with multiple extra buttons. budget = 3k for everything....

Thanks.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Re: Alright, its time for an inputl upgrade (Billi mera chuuha khaa gayi aur kb pe *beep* kar di :D

Keyboard and mouse are very delicate components. They need a gently press only. Considering your past experience(registering multiple clicks for a single press for multiple mice), I guess, you are applying too much pressure. Don't hurt such devices ;).
Logitech g300 is a very good mouse. Also there is a keyboard from tvs below 2k . You can check that. I am not sure whether it has multimedia keys or not.

OP
doomgiver

doomgiver

Warframe
Re: Alright, its time for an inputl upgrade (Billi mera chuuha khaa gayi aur kb pe *beep* kar di :D

Thanks for the reply.

I'm pretty sure I abuse only the keyboard (i press keys multiple times per second). :D

Well, im basically looking for a keyboard that DOES NOT make much noise, and unfortunately, i think mechanical ones DO make a fair bit of noise :/

So im torn, use mechanical and deal with the sound or go with the QHMPL?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
id still suggest you for the TVSE Gold. it makes noise only if you punch it :p

and the G300/400 are goodish mice.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
KEYBOARD - HP FF861AA

can Anyone confirm if nehruplace has this actually or if they forgot to remove the listing

Last edited:
Top Bottom