Already have spare PC parts, Need Suggestions

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
With my last PC upgrade a couple of years back I was left with several spare parts.
Just few days back, I upgraded my TV (from CRT to LED) & I realize with the spare parts I have I could have a secondary PC.

So this is what I have now.

- Some ATX Cabinet
- 600W cheap PSU (Well it worked good for 2 years)
- LGA 775 motherboard
- E4400 Core 2 duo processor
- 1 GB + 2GB DDR2 RAM
- 160GB HD
- Nvidia 8800GT

- 40'' TV
- no space to keep cabinet around the TV (because of my current furniture)

I already have my primary PC, so this is just something extra. I'm not in a hurry & probably won't do any spending this year & just looking for ideas to make use of what I have now.

Some of the things I had in mind.

- a really small cabinet, minumum wires ? I'm short on space.
- I could probably use it as a secondary PC, so basic things like internet, MS Office etc, some old games, movies , music.
- I'm not looking to spend much on this, so in case I need to buy anything else , the cheaper the better. My main priority is to upgrade GPU on primary PC next year.
- Should I even think about making use of TV as monitor? I've not tried yet , it does have HDMI and VGA input ..

Can you guys make any suggestions ? Anything else I could do ?
Thanks.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
you have everything for a new PC. for the cabinet, look in local shops. they will have better products for this PC :razz: try to get r7 250(even a GT 630 will suffice) if you want and upgrade the PSU to Antec BP 300.

I use TV as a monitor, no problems yet. its just like a normal monitor.

OP
G

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
so you wanna upgrade or a whole new pc as a secondary one?

Not looking to upgrade.

I don't really know. I was just looking to make use of what I have. If I had to spend ( a little ) to buy something to make it fit in a small cabinet, I would consider that option.

you have everything for a new PC. for the cabinet, look in local shops. they will have better products for this PC :razz: try to get r7 250(even a GT 630 will suffice) if you want and upgrade the PSU to Antec BP 300.

I use TV as a monitor, no problems yet. its just like a normal monitor.

Thanks.

I have real problem on space right now. I never had thought of buying a 40'' TV before.

Any pointers to small cabinets ? micro Itx or something like that ... I don't really have an idea on those.
I mean will that need a new motherboard/CPU/RAM etc ??

I've seen a complete set up with everything (CPU /Mobo / RAM /HD ) in a small box of size around 8'' * 8'' * 2'' or even less. I'm not sure what's that called.. Any ideas ?? or the price ?

Top Bottom