Alliance broadband

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Difference between PPPoE and IPoE?
Please shed some light on this concepts.
For Alliance Broadband configuration,whcih one to choose?

kg11sgbg

Well configured properly through viewing YouTube channels.

First attach all cables and power charger cable properly to selected ports of the device.
After logging into the device,we have to select the "WAN" menu from the selection list of toolbar settings of the device.
The XPON ONU modem has to be configured by IPoE mode using Router(not Bridged) mode and INTERNET selection ONLY in network list.
Then we have to again select STATIC mode instead of PPPoE or Dynamic mode.
We have to feed the IP addresses and Gateway addresses as provided by ISP(Alliance).
Save it and then reboot once again.

There you go,your XPON ONU device is fully configured and functional for networking.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
There you go,your XPON ONU device is fully configured and functional for networking.
Good to know it worked for you. I would have also recommended youtube channels only as such configurations are not standard so only those who already have the experience of such connections are the best persons to ask.

kg11sgbg

Good to know it worked for you. I would have also recommended youtube channels only as such configurations are not standard so only those who already have the experience of such connections are the best persons to ask.
A small experience to share with everyone:--->

After replacing and fitting the XPON ONU device with my TP-Link Archer C6 Router properly(with correct configuration),I was to some extent happy with the connection.
Then checking Speedtest, I found that I am getting much lesser download/upload speed than my packaged speed of 175Mbps(at least nearer)in ethernet connection.
I contacted Alliance Broadband service, on Sunday the 5th of March 2023.They gave me directions through phone line after checking and found my network speed to be capped at 100Mbps. In fact, they requested to install "AnyDesk" ,through which they were checking my system particularly, networking aspects of my Desktop-PC. I was sitting in front of my machine the whole time with constant telephonic conversation.

Yesterday on Monday, evening my local cable operator came with one Alliance Broadband Network Systems engineer guy. After checking they found that the ONU having two LAN ports has one (LAN 1) at 1Gbps and the other(LAN 2) at 100Mbps. I had mistakenly connected the ethernet routing cable at LAN 2 port, thus reduction in speed.

Now, I am getting my DESIRED and SATISFIED speed according to Package.

THIS IS THE IMPECCABLE SERVICE OF ALLIANCE BROADBAND.

KUDOS TO THEM.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yesterday on Monday, evening my local cable operator came with one Alliance Broadband Network Systems engineer guy. After checking they found that the ONU having two LAN ports has one (LAN 1) at 1Gbps and the other(LAN 2) at 100Mbps. I had mistakenly connected the ethernet routing cable at LAN 2 port, thus reduction in speed.
Good info, will help some future readers here.

Top Bottom