Alliance broadband

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
+1 to this

Many recommendation & good reviews

Unfortunately it is currently not available.

how about this?

TPlink archer C1200

*www.amazon.in/TP-Link-Archer-C1200-Gigabit-Wireless/dp/B01IUDUJE0/?tag=laptopsindia-21

Or this one? TPlink archer C60

*www.amazon.in/TP-Link-Archer-C20-Wireless-Router/dp/B071RSD473/?tag=laptopsindia-21&th=1

Or Dlink DIR 825

*www.amazon.in/D-Link-DIR-825-Dual-Band-Gigabit-Router/dp/B078L5J7G1

My main concern is range and no speed drop. I have home office for both me and my wife, using laptops. However the smart TV with fire stick is in a separate room with 2 walls in between. We also have multiple cell phones for me, wife and parents. Also a ipad is there.

I dont require coverage in different floor but in the same floor speed should not drop. I have 85Mbps fiber optic connection from Alliance.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it is currently not available.

how about this?

TPlink archer C1200

*www.amazon.in/TP-Link-Archer-C1200-Gigabit-Wireless/dp/B01IUDUJE0/?tag=laptopsindia-21
Seems expensive, I'm not sure you will use the features some of these high end routers have.

I have these routers, Tenda one provided by ACT:
*www.amazon.in/dp/B07DGPYKLP/ref=ss...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

D-Link DIR-819 750 Mbps Router - D-Link : Flipkart.com

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Seems expensive, I'm not sure you will use the features some of these high end routers have.

I have these routers, Tenda one provided by ACT:
*www.amazon.in/dp/B07DGPYKLP/ref=ss...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

D-Link DIR-819 750 Mbps Router - D-Link : Flipkart.com
Ok what about Tenda AC8?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you can wait then Archer C6 should come back into stock. If you can't then archer C50 or C60 looks good, tenda C8 is also good as it has a faster processor but its after sales support is not that good considering very few service centres compared to tplink.

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Guys I ordered Tenda AC8 as this was only deliverable to my location and that too within tomorrow. Saw some good reviews on Amazon, specially for signal penetration through walls, so went for it.

*www.amazon.in/Tenda-AC8-1200Mbps-W...puters&sprefix=tenda+ac8,computers,379&sr=1-1

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
*www.speedtest.net/result/9819408102.png

TODAY A COUPLE OF HRS. EARLIER MY BROADBAND CONNECTION(ALLIANCE BROADBAND - KOLKATA) HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH OPTICAL CABLE FIBER TECHNOLOGY.:-D:number1::bananana:

I am under PREFERRED+ Plan, where the bandwidth IS UPTO 115Mbps.
But,why I am getting less than that?

Of course network is passing through Tp-Link Archer C20 ROUTER.

Friends @whitestar_999 ,@Nerevarine ,@dissel , @bssunilreddy , what are your thoughts & suggestions?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
You will never get full speed all the time. All ISPs plan are "upto xxx mbps".

Apart from that, your router might be an issue but unlikely.
Congratulations

dissel

Cyborg Agent
@kg11sgbg - Congrats for the Optical Fiber Connection, :smile::smile:
Please post the picture of the instrument they provided, Also post the cost of the upgrade and security deposit? I believe they take back the Lan cable - Right?
I believe your C20 Archer is the bottleneck here...Post Lan Connection Speed.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Archer C20 or any router with 100mbps wan port can not achieve internet speeds crossing ~95mbps. For achieving 100mbps+ net connection speeds you need a router with gigabit wan port.

kg11sgbg

Archer C20 or any router with 100mbps wan port can not achieve internet speeds crossing ~95mbps. For achieving 100mbps+ net connection speeds you need a router with gigabit wan port.
Ohhh! Completely forgot that...as per specs.

kg11sgbg

@kg11sgbg - Congrats for the Optical Fiber Connection, :smile::smile:
Please post the picture of the instrument they provided, Also post the cost of the upgrade and security deposit? I believe they take back the Lan cable - Right?
I believe your C20 Archer is the bottleneck here...Post Lan Connection Speed.
*www.speedtest.net/result/9821157868.png

^Now it's a DIRECT BROADBAND CONNECTION(LAN CONNECTION) bypassing the Router.

20200727_200755.jpg

^You, see a small white box which is a G/EPON ONU Modem of "ASTRA" that has been provided by Alliance.

20200727_200814.jpg

^Another rectangular Black Plastic Box dangling with wires besides the wall,has also been provided.

Cost of Service:
Here I was just being clean bowled and made a scapegoat. It is EITHER or NEVER.
Initially the price for the change of wires and setup was Rs.1500/-

But they simply charged and took Rs.3000.00(JUST DOUBLE) amount from me,citing the reasons of Increased price of wire,modem,charges due to Covid-19 + Lockdown + Cyclone Amphan. The whole thing has made a mess to the local economy of Kolkata,thus this DOUBLE IN PRICE has to be borne by the consumer.

Yes, the RJ-45 cable(Previous one for Broadband),which is attached to the various poles,will be coiled up and handed over to me within a few days.

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
*www.speedtest.net/result/9821157868.png

^Now it's a DIRECT BROADBAND CONNECTION(LAN CONNECTION) bypassing the Router.

View attachment 19363

^You, see a small white box which is a G/EPON ONU Modem of "ASTRA" that has been provided by Alliance.

View attachment 19364

^Another rectangular Black Plastic Box dangling with wires besides the wall,has also been provided.

Cost of Service:
Here I was just being clean bowled and made a scapegoat. It is EITHER or NEVER.
Initially the price for the change of wires and setup was Rs.1500/-

But they simply charged and took Rs.3000.00(JUST DOUBLE) amount from me,citing the reasons of Increased price of wire,modem,charges due to Covid-19 + Lockdown + Cyclone Amphan. The whole thing has made a mess to the local economy of Kolkata,thus this DOUBLE IN PRICE has to be borne by the consumer.

Yes, the RJ-45 cable(Previous one for Broadband),which is attached to the various poles,will be coiled up and handed over to me within a few days.
I also got a similar type of setup. I have got the 85Mbps connection (Prime+). Had installed the Tenda Wifi router as mentioned in my previous post.

Speed got was the following. It was got in the room which has 1 room in between the room having the router. I am satisfied with the connection and router. Lets see how this goes in the long term. Only 2 hrs downtime of alliance in the last month.

*www.speedtest.net/result/9840088827.png

kg11sgbg

@dissel , what about your status,presently?
Hasn't Alliance BB converted your RJ-45 cable to that of optical fiber connection?

dissel

Cyborg Agent
@dissel , what about your status,presently?
Hasn't Alliance BB converted your RJ-45 cable to that of optical fiber connection?

No, I'm the same RJ-45 Line, they took 1500/- as the conversation charge early Feb I guess (telling this is all you have to pay but which is clearly not), After that the Lockdown and Covid-19 began. In the meantime Post Amphan Cyclone, the Service Goes to the very bad state for 3 weeks time, In that time I Downgraded my connection PRIME+ (767/-) To Entry Level STARTER Pack and the Local Agent change the connection by paying 590/- of his own, still not come to collect the money - So now he has 910/- out of 1500/- of mine. By downgrading, I now use the difference in Jio 151/- data pack as a backup.

I found I don't need 85Mbps line I can do just fine with 60Mbps (which PRIME+ plan earlier was in 2018) - which can perfectly capable streaming two 4k Screen at the same time in each floor of my home ( I'm using Mesh Wi-Fi to cover both floor of my house) - This is Max Consumption my household requires.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Good choice, have you compared it with tplink Deco.

I got those Jan 2019, now 1 year 8 months old back then availability of Tplink is not much - there are lots of Linksys and some Dlink model, most people in the other forum suggested that once ‘Orbi laga dala to life gingalala’ and it is really met my requirements which is covering two floor with really healthy Wi-Fi.

Top Bottom