Alliance broadband sucks, and I don't even have a connection yet!

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Something is wrong.
It usually never happens this way.
Some of my Friends and colleagues who took Wishnet as BB service,never ever faced such issue.
The Wishnet guy even called me up today to find out if I took the Alliance connection yet.

I think Wishnet does not service my area.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
The Wishnet guy even called me up today to find out if I took the Alliance connection yet.

I think Wishnet does not service my area.
Actually Wishnet or Alliance won't provide service to your residence,DIRECTLY. You have to contact your local Cable guy provider(Who must be a franchisee of Wishnet OR Alliance BB).

THEN ONLY YOU CAN GO FOR A CONNECTION.

This does not happens in case of JIO,Airtel,TataSky,etc...the Giants amongst ISP in BB connection.

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Actually Wishnet or Alliance won't provide service to your residence,DIRECTLY. You have to contact your local Cable guy provider(Who must be a franchisee of Wishnet OR Alliance BB).

THEN ONLY YOU CAN GO FOR A CONNECTION.

This does not happens in case of JIO,Airtel,TataSky,etc...the Giants amongst ISP in BB connection.
I meant the local cable guy whose number I got from Wishnet.

kg11sgbg

I meant the local cable guy whose number I got from Wishnet.
Yeah. Perhaps he is only attached with Alliance,so he might be insisting on Alliance BB connection. Though he may also be attached with Wishnet,since he has their number.
Clearly state him,that you want Wishnet connection.

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Yeah. Perhaps he is only attached with Alliance,so he might be insisting on Alliance BB connection. Though he may also be attached with Wishnet,since he has their number.
Clearly state him,that you want Wishnet connection.
I don't think you understood.

I called Wishnet, the company. The company gave the number of their service provider for my area.

Then I called the service provider for my area. The service provider said he's telling his guy to call me.

Then I suddenly got a call from an Alliance Broadband guy, and when I prodded further he said "Wishnet does not provide service to your area so the Wishnet guy gave me your number" and asked if I want an Alliance connection or not.

Then I got called back by the Wishnet guy if I took the connection or not...

kg11sgbg

I don't think you understood.

I called Wishnet, the company. The company gave the number of their service provider for my area.

Then I called the service provider for my area. The service provider said he's telling his guy to call me.

Then I suddenly got a call from an Alliance Broadband guy, and when I prodded further he said "Wishnet does not provide service to your area so the Wishnet guy gave me your number" and asked if I want an Alliance connection or not.

Then I got called back by the Wishnet guy if I took the connection or not...
Don't you have any local cable connection to your house? If yes,met straightway the guy who gave you the local cable connection...Else go in for a connection by Jio(Jio GigaFiber),Airtel(Airtel XtremeFiber),TataSky Net,VI(You Broadband connection),...

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Don't you have any local cable connection to your house? If yes,met straightway the guy who gave you the local cable connection...Else go in for a connection by Jio(Jio GigaFiber),Airtel(Airtel XtremeFiber),TataSky Net,VI(You Broadband connection),...
Nope, we only have Tata Sky.

Airtel isn't supplying fiber here.

TataSky fiber isn't available either.

Nor are VI/You.

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Then you are out of luck, move to a new apartment if internet is a priority for work purposes etc.
I live in bungalow. I'm moving to a new house in the same area in a few months. Internet is kind of a priority now that I've started an e-commerce store :grin:

However I would not live in any other part of Kolkata than where I am currently because I prefer the well-planned and suburban nature of my current place.

By the way,why don't you use BSNL Bharat Fibernet? It is AT LEAST available in your area.
I don't remember a single instance where I have had good experiences with government-owned services.

Having said that, they seem to have improved their tariff structure now, although I question the rationale by which they offer 15Mbit post-FUP on a 1277-rupee connection and 4Mbit on a 1499-rupee connection.

Meh, I guess I'll look into it when I move.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I guess if you want to, you can probably set up a node near your place. It will cost a ton, but doable if you approach the primary ISP. As your requirement is commercial, then it will make sense.

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I guess if you want to, you can probably set up a node near your place. It will cost a ton, but doable if you approach the primary ISP. As your requirement is commercial, then it will make sense.
Oh no, I'm using remote hosting for now. There's not enough traffic to justify a dedicated line to my place just yet. And when there is I guess it would be better to get larger hosting at a DC.

Also the front-line staff don't know anything most of the time. Believe me, I've tried to get Airtel to do an in-wall installation at my new place and they didn't care, even when I offered to pay for it.

kg11sgbg

Oh no, I'm using remote hosting for now. There's not enough traffic to justify a dedicated line to my place just yet. And when there is I guess it would be better to get larger hosting at a DC.

Also the front-line staff don't know anything most of the time. Believe me, I've tried to get Airtel to do an in-wall installation at my new place and they didn't care, even when I offered to pay for it.
Then it would be appropriate for you to invest here:--->

Starlink Project

As a well defined Future proof onto communication for your Business ventures,the Elon Musk company. Seems they would start next year,after Govt. Permission is granted...leaving aside the Covid-19 Fiasco...
For the time being,use JiO or Airtel or Vi 4G networks....

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Then it would be appropriate for you to invest here:--->

Starlink Project

As a well defined Future proof onto communication for your Business ventures,the Elon Musk company. Seems they would start next year,after Govt. Permission is granted...leaving aside the Covid-19 Fiasco...
For the time being,use JiO or Airtel or Vi 4G networks....
I'm gonna wait for some clarity on the legal situation before spending anything on this.

Also **** 4G. It's objectively worse than even copper in Kolkata.

kg11sgbg

I'm gonna wait for some clarity on the legal situation before spending anything on this.

Also **** 4G. It's objectively worse than even copper in Kolkata.
Sorry,Friend you have to wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No other option available.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
airtel is providing LCO based connection where I live (Uttarpara), you sure they are not providing any connection there in Bidhannagar? As long as you don't game the connection I heard is fine. Pings are bad, that's what I mean but speed is good. According to the feedback on IBF

kg11sgbg

Before jumping onto Airtel,please get some reviews or feedback from the users of your area.
Then make a decision.
In fact except JiO GigaFiber, every ISP(Broadband) is providing LCO based connection.

Top Bottom