Alliance broadband sucks, and I don't even have a connection yet!

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I'm tired of using Hathway's pathetic service. Airtel does not offer fiber in my part of the city and **** Jio! The less I say about them the better.

So I thought, let's get Alliance because they offer fiber and true unlimited plans.

I set up an installation request for yesterday, Sunday, and no one showed up. I called up their local operator and he said he'd get back to me, but nope. Also stopped picking up my phone. Today morning I called their customer care and told them that my scheduled install did not take place. They said I would get a callback, but nothing yet.

So now I'm stuck :/

PS. Single mode fiber costs Rs. 10 a metre at retail rates from Indian factories, and even with installation the cost is trivial on a per km basis. So it is batshit insane a move by airtel to ignore a gentrifying area like where I live. Jio literally got permits and installed underground cables at every single street in 2018.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Did you pay anything in advance? Could be that they are delayed because of corona restrictions.

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Did you pay anything in advance? Could be that they are delayed because of corona restrictions.
Nope, zero money. So I am safe on that end. However the installation was scheduled for yesterday but no one came. And not picking up the phone means they don't care.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Nope, zero money. So I am safe on that end. However the installation was scheduled for yesterday but no one came. And not picking up the phone means they don't care.
Where do you stay?
You have to contact your local cable operator(provided he is a franchisee of Alliance BB)for connection. That is how it works.
If you contact Alliance directly,they will provide you information,but can't provide netwotk connection.

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Where do you stay?
You have to contact your local cable operator(provided he is a franchisee of Alliance BB)for connection. That is how it works.
If you contact Alliance directly,they will provide you information,but can't provide netwotk connection.
The local cable operator didn't give a ****

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Damn. I can't actually accept that Kolkata being a metro city still doesn't have big ISP players like Airtel or ACT.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I live in Bhubaneswar and here we have a smalltime franchisee of Alliance Broadband called SS Cablenet.
They charged a shit load of money to set up fiber at our place, but so far I am happy with their service. Service interruptions are low, ping is good, and cost isnt that high (Around Rs 860 for 50 mbps fully unlimited)..
Jiofiber is here in my apartment now but still I have no incentive to switch.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am really happy with my Excitel broadband. Provides economical 50 Mbps connection. Costs about rs 500 a month (if I pay for 3 months in advance).
They also have a good site, online ticket resolution and the service guy actually arrives quickly when raised a complaint.
To add butter on top, they are actually providing fibre optic lines, and I am planning to upgrade !!! Living in a wonderful time. :D

Sorry to all those who don't have access to Excitel. My cousin lives in a "society" in Delhi, and even he's not able to find a good economical ISP. He's using Jio, and it really sucks for him (because of service).

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I am really happy with my Excitel broadband. Provides economical 50 Mbps connection. Costs about rs 500 a month (if I pay for 3 months in advance).
They also have a good site, online ticket resolution and the service guy actually arrives quickly when raised a complaint.
To add butter on top, they are actually providing fibre optic lines, and I am planning to upgrade !!! Living in a wonderful time. :D

Sorry to all those who don't have access to Excitel. My cousin lives in a "society" in Delhi, and even he's not able to find a good economical ISP. He's using Jio, and it really sucks for him (because of service).
Honestly speaking, 50mbit wouldn't cut it for me :<

I was actually looking at a load balanced dual-WAN setup this time, with an aggregate bandwidth of up to 1gbit and at least 400mbit this time.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
They have upto 300 mbps plans mentioned on their site. But issue is for availability for you.

kg11sgbg

Honestly speaking, 50mbit wouldn't cut it for me :<

I was actually looking at a load balanced dual-WAN setup this time, with an aggregate bandwidth of up to 1gbit and at least 400mbit this time.
Did you evaluate WISHNET?
Are they providing service onto your area/neighbourhood?
They are also providing Optical cable Fiber. Their Main office is at Golaghata stoppage,nearer to Bidhannagar. I stay in Baguiati area. One of my colleague staying at Dum Dum Cantt. area is using their service. No issues till now.

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Did you evaluate WISHNET?
Are they providing service onto your area/neighbourhood?
They are also providing Optical cable Fiber. Their Main office is at Golaghata stoppage,nearer to Bidhannagar. I stay in Baguiati area. One of my colleague staying at Dum Dum Cantt. area is using their service. No issues till now.
Hmm, I haven't used their services. Let me find out if they offer connections in my area.

kg11sgbg

@kg11sgbg So I contacted Wishnet, and the installer whose number they gave to me forwarded my request to the installer for Alliance Broadband :shock:
Something is wrong.
It usually never happens this way.
Some of my Friends and colleagues who took Wishnet as BB service,never ever faced such issue.

Top Bottom