All about processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajwansh2003

Journeyman
As i am new guy and really confused about processor can any one tell me about processor in deep. What is Pentium D, HT, Core 2 Duo,M,celeron, Quatra and etc.........

rajwansh2003 said:
As i am new guy and really confused about processor can any one tell me about processor in deep. What is Pentium D, HT, Core 2 Duo,M,celeron, Quatra and etc.........
Hi,

Please check for more information

Pentium D processor:
*www.intel.com/products/processor/pentium_d/index.htm

HT:
*syndication.intel.com/DistributeModule.aspxa=55&m=170&l=1&ppc_cid=GF1_0055017001

Core 2 duo:
*www.intel.com/products/processor/core2duo/index.htm

M:
*www.intel.com/products/processor/pentiumm/index.htm

Celeron:
*www.intel.com/support/processors/celeron/

santu_29

Journeyman
Pentium D is a series of microprocessors introduced by Intel at the Spring 2005 Intel Developer Forum. A Pentium D chip consists of two Pentium 4 Prescott processors on a single die.

Hyper-Threading Technology (HTT) is Intel's trademark for their implementation of the simultaneous multithreading technology on the Pentium 4 microarchitecture. It is basically a more advanced form of Super-threading that first debuted on the Intel Xeon processors and was later added to Pentium 4 processors. The technology improves processor performance under certain workloads by providing useful work for execution units that would otherwise be idle, for example during a cache miss.

A dual-core(or core 2 duo) CPU combines two independent processors and their respective caches and cache controllers onto a single silicon chip, or integrated circuit. IBM's POWER4 was the first microprocessor to incorporate 2-cores on a single die. Various dual-core CPUs are being developed by companies such as Motorola, Intel and AMD, and are scheduled to appear in consumer products in 2005.

Celeron, A brand name for a line of Intel microprocessors introduced in June, 1998. Celeron chips are based on the same P6 architecture as the Pentium II microprocessor, but are designed for low-cost PCs. They run at somewhat lower clock speeds (266 and 300 MHz) and are not as expandable as Pentium II microprocessors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom