ALERT : Do not buy XFX graphics cards in Chennai

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammusk

Journeyman
the regional dealer here in chennai is selling the old faulty cards in new packages ... the dealer name is BIG BYTE CORP

i got a new XFX card in jan which stopped working after 3 days ... approached the losers at big byte and got a replacement in a month .... before u say atleast i got it : the replacement didnt work at all . corrupted display lolz in a "brand new card". the losers took it back and gave me another replacement after anothr month . i could play a game only in march on a card i purchasd in jan.

ten days back i went with a friend to the dealer again ,my mistake. this time he gave us a card in an old packaging . i chucked the card at him, stormed out of the shop and got a leadtech instead.

before u say what more can happen :
my comp has recently started crashin . i did everything that is humanly possible to diagnose the prob . and the virus was GUESS WHO the card which i got from my friend BIG BYTE in march. u may ask me y dont i give it for service. well i did and guess what to no ones surprise the serviced card crashed yet again adding to my torture. i wonder what they'll do next time i go for servicing the replaced serviced card ?

this is the round up of the probs i have had with BIG BYE CORP ...

PS : i hope Digit publishes this as a public notice so that the losers at that LOST COAST wake up and take noice to their customers

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Thats the case cause they (BBC) have started their own brand i.e. the BIG of graphics card. this isnt the first time they have left buyers in lurch. They had done this when they abandoned the distributorship of club3d cards. I so hope that someone sues them for such malpractices.

Major-Minor

Broken In
@Ammusk - You can probably speak to Mr. Vikas at Big-Byte here in Mumbai, I think he is the proprietor of the set-up.

*www.bigbyteindia.com/contactus.html

Major-Minor

Broken In
Nope he ain't my boss, just that I know him since I purchased my 9600XT and 6600GT through one of the shops he was supplying the cards. Before actually buying the cards I had gone and just met-up with him, so I know him. Mind you he probably doesn't remember me as yet

OP
ammusk

ammusk

Journeyman
guys this is what i got from vikas ...

"pls take your words back or probably bbc will hv to sue you not as u mentioned but vice-versa bcoz upon this on forum , even community wont support it , i need a posting in 1hr on this on forum or u hv to face legal action , see we are here to help u, but if our image & name is wrongly used we are not gonna accept it buddy
still we wanna help you , bcoz we care for clients n we blv in maintaining it"

now they wanna sue me for this ... lol nice customer support eh?

The Anomaly

Right off the assembly line
He's just trying to intimidate you. Your are entitled to free speech.

He makes it sound as if you're selling fake cards with his company's name.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
@ammusk: I agree. ASUS is slightly costly, but I've never purchased anything other than ASUS or Gigabyte motherboards in the past 2 years, and ASUS is exceptional in its quality, while Gigabyte offers excellent value-for-money.

harshagarwal

Journeyman
dear ammusk you are not alone .I purchased XFX 6600GT imported by BBC corp in june.

my gfx gave me problems and stopped working after 15 days and i gave them back for replacement and still i have to hear from them.

they have not even accepted my card saying you give us in writing what your problem is and they will look into the matter.

till today my card is lying with me which is no use to me and i think my 10k went down the drain.

Note:please dont even think of buying BIG graphic card not bcoz BBC markets them in india but if you check their website www.big-tek.com you are headed no where.Only home page is dispalyed all the links will direct you to again on the homepage of the website.

OP
ammusk

ammusk

Journeyman
sry to hear that dude ... maybe u should contact vikas... also the BIG is not being MARKETED in India by bbc they are actually MANUFACTURING AND MARKETING it in india... the site works for me anyway

funkymonkey

Journeyman
heh, the site only works with IE and opera but not FF for some stupid reason.
I havent had too much trouble with these guys regarding the replacement. And i dont know which card you had, there was known problems with XFX 6600 series AGP cards. Even my card failed within first few days. And this problem is not only seen here but around the world. There was problem with XFX.
And i ended up requiring two more replacement of the cards. And mind you the card comes with warranty. means it will be repaired or replaced. That does not mean it will always be new card. You do get used bu repaired card as reaplacement. I ended up getting sparkling new card. While my friend got the card which definitely looked like used but there is nothing wrong with it and its now working fine for 3 months.
And be it any card and company these days. It does take time to get replacement. Hell with the problems ASUS having in mumbai it took me like 1 month to get my motherboard repaired.
Its sad but thats how situation is everywhere.

funkymonkey

Journeyman
Gigabyte does not manufacture all products here. Only low end value motherboards are made. here along with Dlink modems. Thats about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom