Alcohol is just another drug

Is alcohol a drug

• Yes, it is just another drug

• No, it is different from a drug

• Dont know/I live in a dry state

Results are only viewable after voting.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
IMO, Like other drugs, alcohol is also a drug, Just legal.

• It is addictive
  • once addicted not easy to leave
  • makes people bankrupt if used excessively
  • Destroys organs of body
  • removes control from the body and mind
  • Gives short term happiness
  • causes disintegration and destroys harmony in families(especially in India)
All these are also done by Drugs
why not ban alcohol also? If alcohol is allowed, why not allow others also?

K_akash_i

Journeyman
people would find another way to get high and happy in this accursed world.
The industry is highly profitable , as long as profit motive is alive it wont go away that easy, just like cigarettes.
money above people
RIchest of the rich would always find way to get them, only commoners would be disallowed anyway(even if made illegal)
Others -Why weed is banned?coz legislation hasnt found best way to make policies to restrict the commoner from growing it :} (coz anyone can grow it if it becomes legal , so no company would make profits)
Do i use alcohol/weed/drugs ? no not at all.
I dont think straight up ban would benefit people, it would makem more exclusive and in demand. And lobbyists are no joke

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think the term you are looking for is "narcotic". Technically, medicines are also drugs since they alter your body's chemistry in someway just like narcotics, but with beneficial effects. Though "beneficial effects" is a subjective term since the expected outcome is to alter the chemistry of the body. Curing or treating a disease is just the outcome of this.

Narcotics exist basically as an addictive substance. Alcohol basically does the same so would by definition be categorized as such as well though perhaps by it's physical and chemical properties comes under it's own categories but I think it's valid to consider it as a subcategory under narcotics.

Top Bottom