AKG Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebojitGotBadDVD

Professional Audio Expert
Where can I find AKG headphones? I am residing in Kanpur, but travel frequently to Delhi and Mumbai. Can someone provide some info? Thanks.

OP
DebojitGotBadDVD

DebojitGotBadDVD

Sennheiser is for audiophiles (listener's domain).

AKG is for professional recording studios, which is why they are usually not referred to as headphones, but 'reference monitors'.

AKG is the most superior brand by far, when it comes to "audio production" usage.

VideoEditingIndia

www.VideoEditingIndia.com
Is it for your studio Use? Then try k271.

If not, Sennheiser is good for Headphones, AKG is good for Microphones. I have a Senn HD 280 Pro and AKG 200 Microphone for my home use. Both are good.

OP
DebojitGotBadDVD

DebojitGotBadDVD

Yep, I plan to use it with an M-Audio card. You live in Chennai, the best place for pro-recording gear.

M-Audio, Mackie, Lynx etc. are easily available there. Can I ask a few questions?

VideoEditingIndia

Which M-Audio card? Yes, I am from Prasad Studio Chennai. I had one before switching to Protools.

M-Audio products are available in ProMusicals Chennai. I hope Mackie dealer is Mumbai based. Pro Audios in Chennai, yes You can easily find Yamaha, Alesis, M-Audio, Digi, Samson, Sennheiser & Sony products here. But Mumbai is the best to shop in India. I used to buy from US. (But no Warranty here)

OP
DebojitGotBadDVD

DebojitGotBadDVD

Great, so I can talk to you about HD expanded systems, DShow, Icon, Venue, TC Powercore etc. without feeling awkward.

Ok, I want to buy an M-Audio Delta 24/96, and a pair of BX-8a's.......I don't visit the studios anymore as I quit post production and got into composing sometime back.

I'm looking to setup a small homestudio.

How much will that cost in Chennai? A rough estimation will do.......and are they available in Mumbai?

I know Prasad uses Pro Tools all the way......... your CRE Arun is a big fan of Digidesign...........and quite rightly so. I just wish those engineers still using that garbage called Nuendo eventually realize, that Nuendo can't do Dshow, Icon and Venue. One day I hope to see everyone switch to Pro Tools.

PS: Your site (vei) is cool. But the scene here is sad. Most teenage DJ Aqeel wannabe's layout 4/4 beats on a toy called FL Studio, and can't tell the difference between a legato, staccato and gliss...... They won't know what sidechain compression is, or what a convolution reverb sounds like.........sad.

Last edited:

VideoEditingIndia

Yes for Icon & Venue. Why 2496? Go for 192 if only 2 I-O enough. (It has balanced I-O & CR out) Or better go for 1010 or LT if you need multiple I-O. I had a 2496, its waste for a home studio.

And again why M-Audio speakers? Cant you go for Yamaha/Mackie? Arun is now an AVID Fan.

Agreed....I like FL man...

OP
DebojitGotBadDVD

DebojitGotBadDVD

Good point. If I had been a little careful with my finances, I would opt for the Lynx Two. I've mixed on it on a couple of occasions, and the mixing headroom is unbelievable.

I'm very discriminating when it comes to audio neutrality, and I'm aware that any card below 25k or 30k will have sound coloring, no matter what. Options like Lynx Two or MOTU makes (45k and above) are excellent in this department.

Reason for my mention of M-Audio is because I'm not willing to spend too much.

Yup, Yamaha HX series rules. I have not heard better bass response in that price range. I dream of owning an Adams or a Genelec someday! :) lol

And, you like FL? From a strictly personal perspective, I find that really awkward, considering the fact that you are from Prasad. Have you seen and heard the bundled plugins, and the mixer in FL?

VideoEditingIndia

Lynx cards are great, but I heard still they are using the Floppy disks? Is MOTU available in India, I have used their traveller before, its too better than 1010.

Yes, M-Audio cards are cheap here, You can buy online *www.bharatmusichouse.com/Branditem.asp?Brand=M Audio

If you are not using Protools, why don't you try E-MU cards. (Before they are spoiled by creative)

Do you mean Yamaha HS? I have 2 Yamaha HS80, they rocks and good for home use. But nothing can beat NS10, they are the legend. I tried a lot to find them, No they are dead. Man, I really dont like you to go for M-Audio speakers. How much they cost for you?

I use FL only for sound design, No mixing or cuts at all. Bundles plugins, yes waste. Just a VSTi loader for my Swarplug. But IL's poizone & toxic are good, I hope.

OP
DebojitGotBadDVD

DebojitGotBadDVD

Yeah, the floppy is still there, but who cares? The mixing on a Lynx is orgasmic, to say the least. I was blown away by the Lynx the first time I used it (prior to which I was on a piece of cr*p called Audigy). The transition from Audigy to Lynx was like moving to a Xeon 5365 from a Pentium I, no kidding.

MOTU is available in India, but I'm not sure if we have direct dealers. DP 4 is used by quite a few people, so I'm guessing MOTU DSP is available too.

Sorry, I meant NS. I still get confused between HS, HSX and NS. NS rulez. For those who can't afford Adam or Genelec, NS is nirvana.

Cost for me? Well, I've asked for quotes........they are a little bit more than the M-audio's price listing in dollars at their website............

I'm thinking of:

RME Hammerfall DSP 9632 + Yamaha MSP5 Studio.

Almost all the engineers I've consulted have agreed to that, since I can't afford Lynx and Adams. :(

VideoEditingIndia

RME, Go for it man! Is it the one: *www.rme-audio.com/english/hdsp/hdsp9632.htm What's the price?

I heard MSP5 in my studio, But I hope my HS80s are sound good for my ears. I know MSP5 are better than HS. But if its for your home use, Nothing comes closer with 2*HS80 with one HS10 Subwoofer.

OP
DebojitGotBadDVD

DebojitGotBadDVD

Yep, that's the one..........It's 26k indian (quote from a folk in Kolkata)....

Ya, the speaker choice is driving me crazy..........
Are all Yamaha makes available in India?

VideoEditingIndia

Yes, Man, Before buying any Yamaha speakers, Please confirm the price with me. In India Pace-Mediatek is dealing with that.. Just ask them a quote, I know the Chennai guy who is dealing with Yamaha very well. He used to come our studio and I bought some stuff from him too. First check the price in mumbai and I will let you know his comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom