Airtel Router Password forgot and NetXpert not detecting my modem

akhilc47

Journeyman
Hi,

I have a airtel broadband connection which came with a Beetel 450TC3 wireless router. I'm able to access internet and I know my wifi password. However I can't go to my router settings since I forgot the router password. It was 'admin'/'admin' by default. By googling, I understand if I press the hardware button below the router I can reset it to factory default. If I do reset like this, will I have to configure it for airtel BB? How do I do that? I tried customer care but they won't even pick up the call.

My second problem is that, airtel technicians installed NetXpert on my laptop at the time of BB installation. And I can see some option to reset the router password in that. But the issue is that it's not detecting the router. But it says "Your modem cannot be detected".

I would really appreciate if someone can come up with a solution for this. Thanks for reading.

sikandarbaqt

Right off the assembly line
The best way is to use the reset button in the device and then try getting the settings through a phone or an email from them. I know it is hard to catch hold of these guys.

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
Thanks for your reply. I've been trying to call them for hours now!! 121, 44444121(not working), 8045554444, but no luck :-(

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
All you need to configure any adsl modem is vpi & vci values.For airtel it is 1 & 32 respectively.Go to internet connection settings,pick a connection & edit it to enter these values along with your username/password with rest of settings as default.When you reset your modem check that your pc lan ip address is something like 192.168.1.x as sometimes resetting modem/router also changes it & then you have to manually set your pc ip to access modem/router address.

Top Bottom