==>Airtel Nop User Come Here<==

Status
Not open for further replies.

casual_gamer

In the zone
hac_king said:
Yepp buddy u can enjoy it... But if ur speeds are below 48 kbps then there are too few channls but if ur speed is more than 64 like mine thn u'll hav lots of chanls.... I am enjoying 24 kbps to 64 kbps chanls without any intruption just by altering there buffer to 32 sec.. Overall m using it on FREE GPRS which have fastest speed compared to any Paid package
Can i get this online radio through wap? In bangalore they have a wap only scheme called "Airtel Online" for Rs.5 a day. GPRS would cost me Rs.20 a day. I am planning to switch from vodafone to Airtel only to browse through wap and listen to online radio.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
You mean u will use NOP?I was not able to hear online radio on NOP(WAP).
The radio works best on MO(GPRS).

casual_gamer

In the zone
Cool G5 said:
You mean u will use NOP?I was not able to hear online radio on NOP(WAP).
The radio works best on MO(GPRS).
Yeah, i meant NOP... but here in bangalore it is called "Airtel Online". I wish the online radio worked worked on wap, MO is very expensive here. The call centre guy said i will get 43kbps speed on wap, is'nt that enough for some low bandwidth radio like sky.fm 24kbps stations?

edit - i read your reply on other thread, thanks. But, is wap not at all compatible with online radio or is it the issue with speed?

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I tried NOP on my nokia 3230.I installed LCG jukebox & tried to hear the online radio.But it failed.I tried it with airtel GPRS & it worked.Also i tried another "S60 online radio" it also worked great on GPRS.

I don't know about other softwares coz i haven't tried them.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
anyone can tell me how to use NOP in PC?? and can i use it with opera mini on s40 phone?

hardikpatel

Right off the assembly line
Use Www.t9space.com

through this site...u all can browse any forum or site.

ankitsaraf

This is for all the NOP lovers and haters!

Different people have different stories about NOP. So here's mine.

I live in Bengal and have recently started using NOP. It costs Rs. 104 a month. Using the default phone browser, only limited sites can be visited. Also there's a download limit of 3mb per file. Previously people could hack into Airtel Live and enjoy unlimited free download which is now blocked. The culprit is APN name. The "aitelwap.com" is for NOP and "airtelive.com" for Airtel Live. Other settings, even the proxy server for connection are same. If you connect through Airtel Live, they charge 10p/10kB which is huge (Rs. 50 for a 5MB song).

I am using Nokia 6600. You might say that its an outdated phone but who cares if its working for me. Different phones have different hardware and different software capabilities. Nokia 6600 is an s60 v2 phone. Ok, not going into too much technical stuff, it doesn't mean its outdated. For specs. some N series phones also use same operating system as 6600 but with little updated features.

For the first two days I continuously searched the WAP world (its different from the HTML internet on the computer) to find software that could let me open yahoo mail, orkut, gmail, etc. I tried to install opera mini 4.1, older version 3, but none could connect to internet using NOP. They all need GPRS not NOP connection.(Remember NOP connects through WAP not GPRS access point). This might sound confusing but thats that. Only Mobile Office can connect through GPRS access point (whose APN is "airtelgprs.com" and has a different setting from LIVE or NOP) which can provide full access to HTML world (same as on computer).

Now the good part. I found an older opera mini 1.2. This was modified by Russians to enable proxy settings in opera mini and add download features to it. Original Opera Mini didn't have those features. After setting the proxy in opera, it magically started surfing the web. Orkut (mobile version), yahoo mail, gmail all work fine and fast. Opera uses its own servers to modify the web pages so that they load faster. Pictures are reduced in size, pop ups blocked, ad contents stripped....and text only pages are lightning fast.

Airtel charges Yahoo Mail at Rs.10 per 7 days if used through Airtel Live. But opera mini bypasses it and opens original yahoo mail site..cool na...

As I said different mobiles have different capabilities, a software working on one phone might not work on another. A friend of mine has a still older N-Gage which runs opera mini 2. It doesn't work on my phone (inspite of me having better phone). I am able to surf through PC also. In fact I am posting this one using NOP on PC only. Proxifier does allow download size of more than 3mb but the connection drops frequently and the download might get corrupted. Lucky are the guys whose connections do not snap even temporarily.

By the way MO is charged at Rs.498/month or Rs.25/day in Bengal.

Suggestion:
If you are using an EDGE enabled phone, please take trouble to use MO instead of NOP. It costs more but its worth it. EDGE phones can provide connections upto 177kbps and 236kbps for different models. GPRS on the other hand is much slower at 32-48 kbps. My 6600 gives 3-6KBPs (that's around 24-48kbps). Also you can surf any website and use any messenger software like 160by2, ebuddy, etc on MO GPRS connection avoiding all the hassles of using old and unreliable software and the various tricks to make them work.

Take care everybody.

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Nice to hear that :)
If u want to use big orkut on your opera mini, just bookmark the link of the orkut which opens in your normal pc browser & you won't be left with mobile orkut. :)

siniranji

if you contact their call centre, thats the funniest part, you will be routed to all call centres of airtel and their technical chaps know how to ghoomao you and they are masters in convincing you. Better you try BSNL, these local folks always at your doorsteps (if you lookafter them well... ha ha), i think its better not to trust those private bloo. su...s

H

hac_king

Simple step to download any filesize with RESUME support either from Airtel live 9 Free of cost ) or from NOP / airtel online ;; just
add your url without * after this magic URL

*ex.505.ru/do/http/

lets say you have to download *store.nokiazone.ru/user/0000629788/TeaShark.zip

the your ssl URL would be

*ex.505.ru/do/http/store.nokiazone.ru/user/0000629788/TeaShark.zip

Remember SSL should be enabled in your area [ its blocked in kerla and nearby region ]

Enjoy Bypassing download limitation with minimal manual work.

Enjoy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.