Advice regarding buying CCTV camera system.

ankt363

Right off the assembly line
Hi, I am looking to get a CCTV system for home my requirements are 8 cameras total on 2 floors. I would want access via internet and also a backup of the recordings. How to do this in India. Cany advice is welcome. Newbie here in home CCTV system.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not much options in India other than Mi, Realme, Dlink etc. Most important thing is, how is the support for installing the whole setup by the manufacturer company in your location.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Hi, I am looking to get a CCTV system for home my requirements are 8 cameras total on 2 floors. I would want access via internet and also a backup of the recordings. How to do this in India. Cany advice is welcome. Newbie here in home CCTV system.

some tips remain same as here

CCTV Camera / Security setup for home

backup will be done by dvr. It usually stores 1-2 month of recording but you can ask the vendor for extra space to keep backup for more time depending on hdd.

CP plus dvrs connect to router and using gcmob mobile app you can see them on phone. The dvr needs to be port forwarded before using. All this is setup by the camera person though.

I dont suggest doing all of this yourself as it will be difficult. You will require 8 channel dvr/nvr with a broadband connection minimum.

you can rely on cp-plus, godrej, tp-link(ip and poe cams). Hikvision is good company but there were complaints of it forwarding footages to chinese servers etc.

Also, you need to finalise how many cameras you need inside(dome cameras) and outside(weather proof bullet cameras) depending on place of installation.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Only Chinese cameras are available. Also accessing them via the internet will mean accessing the feed which routes via a Chinese server. I wonder why is this allowed and not simple apps.
Op buy any camera system after checking its ratings. You can do the installation yourself or it should cost you around Rs. 500

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Only Chinese cameras are available. Also accessing them via the internet will mean accessing the feed which routes via a Chinese server. I wonder why is this allowed and not simple apps.
Op buy any camera system after checking its ratings. You can do the installation yourself or it should cost you around Rs. 500

There are 3 major brands, Dahua, HikVision and cp-plus. Only cp-plus is Indian and offers great quality. It does not use server instead route video stream directly from DVR to web via port forwarding afaik it is way better then other 2.

Godrej can also be considered.

If one really wants privacy + DIY thing, go for ubiquity unifi setups . Though it will cost more but is completely worth it. It consists of all in one router-data backup-camera setup and also includes integrating smart home

They have started there official store in India recently.

Top Bottom