Advice on buying used S4

the.one

In the zone
Hi ALL,

I find an interesting deal from someone in my workplace.
Its an ~8 months old Samsung Galaxy S4 for sale, unlocked(originally T-Mobile).
Comes with original box,zagg shield protector, and Otterbox defender case.

Its unlocked and he has tested it overseas and GSM sims work.

And yes, its for 280$.

What r ur thoughts on this deal?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Hi ALL,

I find an interesting deal from someone in my workplace.
Its an ~8 months old Samsung Galaxy S4 for sale, unlocked(originally T-Mobile).
Comes with original box,zagg shield protector, and Otterbox defender case.

Its unlocked and he has tested it overseas and GSM sims work.

And yes, its for 280$.

What r ur thoughts on this deal?

its a decent deal imho,but only get it if you are willing to flash a custom rom like cyanogenmod
otherwise get a Moto X or a Nexus 5,avoid xiaomi etc

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
its a decent deal imho,but only get it if you are willing to flash a custom rom like cyanogenmod
otherwise get a Moto X or a Nexus 5,avoid xiaomi etc

New Moto X is a better deal!
$500 of contract or met be around $250 with contract!

IMHO in US you have to wait!
Well Moto is launching at same time in India and Moto!
Cheers Moto!
Job well done!

OP
T

the.one

In the zone
buy a Mi3/Mi4 or a Moto G LTE/G2

Mi3, I'm just put off by the non-expandable storage.

Moto G would be a good option for almost the same price as the deal, maybe even lesser.

But s4 comes with better cameras, screen res is higher and better SoC. Snapdragon 600 isn't bad for that price I guess.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Mi3, I'm just put off by the non-expandable storage.

Moto G would be a good option for almost the same price as the deal, maybe even lesser.

But s4 comes with better cameras, screen res is higher and better SoC. Snapdragon 600 isn't bad for that price I guess.

then seriously if you are keen on getting a used phone, why not get a LG G2/G pro 2 instead? :confused:

and there is nothing such as non expandable storage these days. devices have USB OTG to compensate the missing microsd card.

OP
T

the.one

In the zone
then seriously if you are keen on getting a used phone, why not get a LG G2/G pro 2 instead? :confused:

and there is nothing such as non expandable storage these days. devices have USB OTG to compensate the missing microsd card.

USB otg may not be that appealing to me, as I can't imagine myself carrying flash drives around.

Ur right with g2 but I thought abt the s4 deal cuz it's available from some known person.

Rite now I'm thinking abt new moto g vs this used s4. Or any other thing in & around 20k bracket.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
New Moto X is a better deal!
$500 of contract or met be around $250 with contract!

IMHO in US you have to wait!
Well Moto is launching at same time in India and Moto!
Cheers Moto!
Job well done!

yeah but depends if op is able to buy from US,otherwise Moto X from flipkart is also fine

- - - Updated - - -

USB otg may not be that appealing to me, as I can't imagine myself carrying flash drives around.

Ur right with g2 but I thought abt the s4 deal cuz it's available from some known person.

Rite now I'm thinking abt new moto g vs this used s4. Or any other thing in & around 20k bracket.

wait for a better phone imho,usb otg vs sd card arguement is pointless
Moto X is decent otherwise
wait for a month or two ,much better phones will be in the market

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
yeah but depends if op is able to buy from US,otherwise Moto X from flipkart is also fine

- - - Updated - - -

wait for a better phone imho,usb otg vs sd card arguement is pointless
Moto X is decent otherwise
wait for a month or two ,much better phones will be in the market

Guys I am talking about new Moto X
Moto X 2nd gen /Moto X+1
2.5 Ghz 801
1080p Amoled
2 GB Ram
2300 mah
LTE 3G Bluetooth 4.0

View attachment 14725View attachment 14726View attachment 14727View attachment 14728

The new Moto X could be the best Android phone ever made | The Verge

- hands on by verge!

Bow down to you Moto!

kaz

right here
280$ is a little high for a used S4 looking at the options you currently have in the market....If you can get it for 250$ or lesser, I would recommend it...

- - - Updated - - -

OnePlus One is a better option though...Mi3 for frequent and buggy software updates..

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
comparing an s4 to mi3 and one plus one etc? S4 is certainly a better phone but only when paired with cyanogenmod ,comparing it to mi3 and one plus one is a joke
i personally dont like samsung much but in this case i favour the s4 and moto x +1

- - - Updated - - -

Guys I am talking about new Moto X
Moto X 2nd gen /Moto X+1
2.5 Ghz 801
1080p Amoled
2 GB Ram
2300 mah
LTE 3G Bluetooth 4.0

View attachment 14725View attachment 14726View attachment 14727View attachment 14728

The new Moto X could be the best Android phone ever made | The Verge

- hands on by verge!

Bow down to you Moto!

i know that but when will it release in india?

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
comparing an s4 to mi3 and one plus one etc? S4 is certainly a better phone but only when paired with cyanogenmod ,comparing it to mi3 and one plus one is a joke
i personally dont like samsung much but in this case i favour the s4 and moto x +1

- - - Updated - - -

i know that but when will it release in india?

This very month and definitely before Nexus X

kaz

right here
I think he wants to know if 280$ for a second hand S4 is a good deal or not...Why everyone is suggesting other phones :D

280$ for S4 and 500$ for Moto X (2nd Gen)...Who is going to give him the extra $s?

OP
T

the.one

In the zone
I think he wants to know if 280$ for a second hand S4 is a good deal or not...Why everyone is suggesting other phones :D

280$ for S4 and 500$ for Moto X (2nd Gen)...Who is going to give him the extra $s?

Absurd comment.

Where did I ever say that I do not have the money (i.e, 500$) to buy something.
I would not like to spend that sort of scratch, doesn't mean that I don't have it.

I was looking at a deal which I came across & was evaluating whether it was worth, though there was a Nexus 5 deal for similar price the next day. Anyways its long gone out of my mind, and i guess its better going for brand new stuff.

Top Bottom