Advice for buying gaming laptop

bareminimumayush

Right off the assembly line
Can anyone explain which is better among nvidia gt740m, nvidia gt650m, amd Radeon 8670m?
Also if possible please suggest a good gaming laptop under 60k. (if possible please suggest one that has 1600X900 resolution and backliy keyboard .)
Friends.please help

vkl

Cyborg Agent
gt650m>gt740m>hd 8670m.
Also fill this up *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-n...ire-laptop-notebook-purchase.html#post1646993.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Go for Samsung series 5 so5in fits in well as per your requirements.

Series 5 has been discontinued by samsung(crosschecked with dealers)

@OP

You have the option of getting either a Strong CPU+Weak GPU or Strong GPU+Weak CPU

Strong GPU+Weak CPU

Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph/Touch) Rs. 65990.0 Price in India - Buy Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph/Touch) Moon Sliver Online - Dell: Flipkart.com

Strong CPU+Weak GPU

Lenovo Ideapad Z500 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Rs. 0.0 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Ideapad Z500 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Dark Chocolate Online - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

You wont notice any difference in performance in general apps but the first one will provide better performance in games owing to the "UBER-POWERFUL GPU", whereas the second one will give better performance in proccy intensive apps like rendering, maya and stuff due to the quad core proccy

Both retail for around 60K

Cheers!
Abhijit

Remember the Dell one has i7 4th gen 4xxxU processor which is approximately equal to i5 3rd gen 3210M in terms of performance (Dell's marketing gimmick)

Check this HP one
HP Envy 15-J048TX Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Rs. 69290.1 Price in India - Buy HP Envy 15-J048TX Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Glass Fiber With Silky Soft Touch Aluminium Finish Natural Silver Online - HP: Flipka

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Remember the Dell one has i7 4th gen 4xxxU processor which is approximately equal to i5 3rd gen 3210M in terms of performance (Dell's marketing gimmick)

Check this HP one
HP Envy 15-J048TX Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Rs. 69290.1 Price in India - Buy HP Envy 15-J048TX Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Glass Fiber With Silky Soft Touch Aluminium Finish Natural Silver Online - HP: Flipka

Not a marketing gimmick, here is a comparision of the two CPU's

Intel Core i7 4500U vs i5 3230M

The 4500U despite having a lower clock speed than the 3230m manages to extract the same amount of performance(if not better) due to the new and improved Haswell architecture, more l3 cache etc.

The HP J048TX you mentioned has a very weak GPU(GT 740M), majority of the laptop manufacturers use the slow 64 bit/DDR3 version of the GT740M, while it is a good GPU for budget-mid range laptops, paying above 60K for the 740M is unacceptable !!!!(which is why I got the Dell Inspiron 15R) .

Cheers!
Abhijit

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

The 4500U despite having a lower clock speed than the 3230m manages to extract the same amount of performance(if not better) due to the new and improved Haswell architecture, more l3 cache etc.

The HP J048TX you mentioned has a very weak GPU(GT 740M), majority of the laptop manufacturers use the slow 64 bit/DDR3 version of the GT740M, while it is a good GPU for budget-mid range laptops, paying above 60K for the 740M is unacceptable !!!!(which is why I got the Dell Inspiron 15R) .

Cheers!
Abhijit

Hey nice to meet you again.
The 3rd and the 4th generation of Intel CPUs have the SAME architecture because 4th generation is a TOCK generation in which Intel doesn't change the architecture, instead makes the CPUs more power efficient.
Therefore 3rd and 4th generation has the same performance in terms of architecture but i7 sure does have 1 mb more of l3 cache.

Cheers!
Abhijit
That 8850M is not a consistent performer acc. to notebookcheck................

Lenovo Y500 & Samsung S05IN are both discontinued, so you are out of luck. Your budget is not high enough for Y510p, that's why I suggested that HP one............. Dell one is really gimmicky, acc. to me

Also remember I already said that those 2 CPUs are approx equal
Why buy that when Samsung S06IN, with i5 3230M(not 3210M) & a consistent GPU (GT650M) is available for 54k with 900p display, that too anti glare, with JBL speakers with sub woofer & Blu ray reader

Computer Games on Laptop Graphic Cards - NotebookCheck.net Tech

i72600k

The Physicist!
I was also in the same dilemma about a month ago because Lenovo and Samsung have discontinued their specific laptops. I too went for the HP model which too is very good. The i7 proccy is very quick and gaming performance ain't bad either. I play GTA 4 at high settings smoothly without any heating issue. It also has a backlit keyboard and design is great as well. You won't regret buying it!

Top Bottom