Advanced Programming PC

frostbite

Broken In
So my friend is buying a new rig for himself, and he needs some help. I asked him to answer the necessary. Please feel free to suggest other parts than the ones already mentioned along with the details.

Components I have bought already:

ASUS A88XM - 5964
Cooler Master K380 CPU Cabinet - 3645
Dell S2240L 21.5 inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor - 8880

Components I am yet to buy:
A8-6600K
RAM
Samsung EVO 120GB
Corsair VS 450W
Optical drive
Logitech MK220
Double battery UPS
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO Cooler

1. Will use it for programming and browsing mostly. Mild photoscape, media playing, P2P sharing and some data copying.

2. INR 40,000 (including items already bought) + 5000/- buffer

RAM: I have decided to go with Corsair DDR3 8GB RAM (CMV8GX3M2A1600C11) for 5140/- But hunting for the cheapest price. Should I get a different RAM?

Aftermarket Cooler: Should I buy it upfront or try stock cooler first?

SSD: I have thought over it for months and want to buy an SSD. Decided to go with 128 GB SSD so that it will have enough space for dual-OS.

3. Not planning to overclock.

4. Dual boot - Windows 7/8/8.1, Ubuntu 12.04LTS

5. Already have 1 TB HDD, getting a 128GB SSD as mentioned above.

6. Monitor already bought - Dell S2240L 22"

7. I'll be re-using 1 TB HDD and 2.1 UMAX speakers. However, I might want to sell the speakers (malfunctioning) and get better 2.1 speakers. Don't have enough space for 5.1, so please provide recommendations for 2.1 speakers only.

8. Half components bought already, need suggestions and best deals for rest.

9. I never built a system myself, my current PC was built by an assembler.

10. I bought everything online so far, after hunting for cheapest available deals. Till now, I have not found a single item cheaper in Chandigarh, the city I live in. Have been to Nehru Market, Delhi as well, but online prices are pretty comparable to theirs, so bought from trusted online sellers instead. Ready to do same for rest of the components as well.

11. I'm looking for durability, one of the reasons why I opted for ASUS A88XM-A that has 5X protection. I need to clear doubts regarding PSU, aftermarket cooler and RAM. Does Corsair VS450 require Sine Wave UPS and how critical is that I buy such a UPS? I certainly don't want the PSU to burn while running on backup, but I don't want to spend extra money on UPS either if PSU will work fine with normal UPS. Regarding aftermarket cooler, should I give stock cooler a try first or should I buy aftermarket cooler upfront? RAM: Is there a better option for RAM? Does heatsink serve a real purpose when it comes to RAM, especially while I won't be doing any heavy processing?

Top Bottom