additional RAM for asus X512FA laptop

andy_65_in

Padawan
my lappie has 4 GB DDR4 2400MHz SDRAM Onboard memory, 1 x SO-DIMM socket for expansion, expandable up to 12 GB SDRAM...what RAM can i buy and from where to increase the RAM...will installing thuis void warantee..the lappie is new

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
If your laptop is in warranty, you can go to any official service center and request and upgrade.

What activities do you perform on your laptop? Perhaps 4GB is more than enough unless you play some heavy games or perform some system intensive activities.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't take risk & go to asus authorized service centre(check asus India site) for getting it done. As for ram,first run cpuz & post the memory details screenshot here to get better suggestions.

Neo

If your laptop is in warranty, you can go to any official service center and request and upgrade.

What activities do you perform on your laptop? Perhaps 4GB is more than enough unless you play some heavy games or perform some system intensive activities.
Broo 4 GB wasnt wasn enough a decade ago. Just running a chrome now takes up 4GB very easily.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
i agree. my sister who only uses Opera, Edge and word at times says it is slow. i am also going to get another 4gb for her laptop.

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
Myblaptop also has a usb type c port.....whats the advantage of this port....also any universal adaptor whichcanb used thru this port for tfr od data/fastcharging

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Myblaptop also has a usb type c port.....whats the advantage of this port....also any universal adaptor whichcanb used thru this port for tfr od data/fastcharging
I got the Type-c Hub from US $1.99 25% OFF|USB Hub 3.0 Multi USB 3.0 Hub USB Splitter 2.0 Hab Multiple 4/7 Port Expander With Power Adapter computer accessories for pc|hub splitter|splitter hub|micro usb 3.0 hub - AliExpress but it looks like they don't have it anymore.

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
which brand RAM to buy and from where...the asus sercvice centre will still charge me Rs 800.00 as installation fee...but ill have to lump it because of warantee issues

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
please see this

Attachments

• 2020-03-13 (1).png
    2020-03-13 (1).png
    264.6 KB · Views: 174

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Strange,cpu-z showing blank.Try running it as admin(right click on exe & select run as admin option). If still shows blank result for memory & spd then try this:
Speccy - Free Download check memory info.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
i am sure that was run from a general account as it is the same result i got when run from a general account. it works ok from admin account.

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
uninstalled cpuz..cudnt run it as admin...same for speccy...but you can see the files i attached.also tell me which brand ram to buy

Last edited:
OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
4 GB DDR4 2400MHz SDRAM Onboard memory, 1 x SO-DIMM socket for expansion, total up to 12 GB SDRAM...this is the info on my laptop

Top Bottom