Adding Printer Problem in Debian Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimtshey

Broken In
hello Linux Guruji,
I am a week old Linux newbie, i have installed Debian Linux and it is joined in my office newtork where i have 64KBPS leased line. i can access internet and share files over the network but couldnot access Printer. i added printer by Windows SMB, but couldnot succed, though printer is added but could not get printout. pleaseee help me with step by step instruction as i m brand new to the linux. your help on this is highly recommended.

OP
N

Nimtshey

Broken In
How to add printer in Debian

hi once again, i want to know how to add local printer to my debian linux, since most of the accompanied CD comes with windows driver only and no linux driver. for this how to add the printer without software driver. your help and instruction will help me a lot in a long run.
i thanked you for your help.
sincerely yours

praka123

left this forum longback
Hello Nimtshey,

faqs.org has a good howto on debian+windows shared printing,
*www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/Debian-and-Windows-Shared-Printing.html

You can apt-get install gnome-cups manager for ease of use.or system-config-printer also available which can guide u through a step-by-step guide.cheers and welcome to Debian GNU/Linux:)

S

sariq

@Nimtshey: you should provide printer model details. i have installed HP 3940 inkjet printer (USB) on ubuntu. it works without any driver.

OP
N

Nimtshey

Broken In
hi Sariq and praka123,
thanks for ur help and the link u have provided. i have HP laserjet 2200d with LPT. once again i reaquest you to help me.

thanks once again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom