Activating Batman Arkham Series on Steam.

moltenskull

Journeyman
I want to activate my copies of Batman Arkham City (standard edition) and Batman Arkham Asylum (GOTY Edition),bought from Flipkart on steam.They are currently activated on GFWL. Steam,WB Games Support are absolutely deaf to my Emails,sent with Product keys and Photographs of receipts.Can anyone tell me how and what to do ?
If anyone has had any luck in migrating their Arkham games from GFWL (which is rumored to be dying) to Steam,could they please help me out?

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
I want to activate my copies of Batman Arkham City (standard edition) and Batman Arkham Asylum (GOTY Edition),bought from Flipkart on steam.They are currently activated on GFWL. Steam,WB Games Support are absolutely deaf to my Emails,sent with Product keys and Photographs of receipts.Can anyone tell me how and what to do ?
If anyone has had any luck in migrating their Arkham games from GFWL (which is rumored to be dying) to Steam,could they please help me out?
GFWL is dead

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using Tapatalk 2

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
Maybe for new activations.I activated them on GFWL quite some time back,though I don't remember the exact period of time.And I am able to sign in and play fine on GFWL.But Steam is returning an Invalid Product Code error when I am trying to activate Arkham City.I haven't tried AA:GOTY yet,but I guess it's the same with AA:GOTY as well?

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
retail version is having some problem with game activation on steam , just wait few more days till rocksteady solve this issue . And guess what , you will get all dlc free after activating on steam .

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
Well,that is the first good news (free DLCs) I have got regarding this issue.Thanks a lot,iittopper! :toast: :clap2: Well okay,I will wait ...patience pays the patient! :D

Last edited:
OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
Sorry for missing out the punctuation marks. :D I meant - '' I want to activate my copies of Batman Arkham City (standard edition) and Batman Arkham Asylum (GOTY Edition) bought from Flipkart, on steam.''
Hope it's now okay. :)

cyborg47

Technomancer
Sorry for missing out the punctuation marks. :D I meant - '' I want to activate my copies of Batman Arkham City (standard edition) and Batman Arkham Asylum (GOTY Edition) bought from Flipkart, on steam.''
Hope it's now okay. :)
I don't think its possible to activate a GFWL game on Steam, you can add an istalled game to the steam list though, is that what you want?

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: Batman: Arkham City GOTY

From what I have read,the vanilla edition of Arkham City (which uses GFWL atm) can be activated on steam after this announcement.BAC's developer's have removed GFWL from the steam version of the game and users who have bought retail editions can switch to steam ... after entering their GFWL codes...though this is where things get hazy....Apparently CD-Keys in the format AAAA-BBBBB-CCCCC-DDDDD-EEEEE are not working...:(

Batman Arkham Asylum Batman Arkham City PC conversion to STEAM

Here's another link....:)

cyborg47

Technomancer
Patched steam yet?
Looks like I need to check this too, I have a fresh copy of ACity, haven't activated it yet.

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
My Steam and GFWL client,both are patched to the latest version.People who bought the game on Steam (even the vanilla version) get an automatic update to the GOTY version with the new 90mb patch (Oct.17,2013 release date).But people like me,who bought discs are unable to activate the game on Steam with the GFWL key they got with the game.Apparently,clicking photographs of the receipts they got with the game's discs and submitting them to WB games Support helps and they get new Steam keys ,but this is a hit and miss situation,with some people reporting that they got a response after 4 hours and others not getting a response even after 2 days.:(

Edit: cyborg47,hope you have a better result than mine...Mailed WB Games Support 3 times with only automated responses..:(

Last edited:
OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
Updating this thread : Got my steam keys today,after re-sending all Info that they required.

To everyone who sends an email to WB Games Support-

Be sure to include ALL proper information like Photos of Receipt,box,discs with the Product keys prominently displayed,IP address,Name and Current Location,game profile info,ALL accompanied with your Email written on a piece of paper included in the photos that you take.As it was in my case,they refused to answer for emails containing ANYTHING less than these requirements.I had to send it four times....If your email is correct,they send the required info within Minutes (15 in my case) and if they don't send a reply even after the 2 day time window,it's time to have a go again...

I hope this helps everybody trying to activate the game on Steam.:)

cyborg47

Technomancer
@moltenskull, I have a fresh copy of the game, bought it months ago, yet to install. What do you suggest?

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
Buddy,I was playing GTA IV with Xlive and an offline GFWL profile all these days and even my copy of GTA 4 (which uses GFWL like AC) is not activated online/linked to my account.Even mailed R* yesterday in the same format (see below) as I used for AC today,though still waiting for R*'s reply.But with AC,they should help you instantly if your mail is in the correct format.Wait,let me post the points to include in your reply.

''If your question is about a lost activation code, we require certain pieces of information. Please reply and provide the following:

1. Photo/scan of the receipt for the game
2. Photo of the physical disc/box accompanied by your email address written on a piece of paper in the photo
3. Screenshot of your Social Club account on the GTA IV page showing that you have played the game in the past and have generated progress/statistics
4. Photo/scan of the back of the game manual with the code clearly displayed
5. The activation serial key typed into the text body of the request
6. The IP address of the computer in question (What Is My IP ® | Shows Your IP Address.)
7. Your Request Code (This appears in the key activation dialogue box as automatically filled in. If you are having trouble finding your Request Code, please see *support.securom.com/PAunlock/index.php?c=1000&exp_serial=1)
8. Customer case reference # and proof of correspondence with SecuROM (if you have not yet contacted SecuROM directly, please write to Support@securom.com)
9. Brief description of the problem

We review these appeals on a case-by-case basis, so please provide as many of the above items as possible. Note that Rockstar Games does not tolerate fraudulent attempts to gain access to extra keys or additional activations. Any serial key abuse will result in the license becoming permanently deactivated.

Also note that the limitations imposed by SecuROM are different from those by Games For Windows Live. If you are experiencing an error message from GFWL about reaching the activation limit, please contact GFWL support directly to check the status of your key.''

There,all this is to be included.Be sure to include multiple photos-First time ,I mailed only two photos of very large resolution and got no response from them.I even asked them about what is wrong in my current ticket in a separate reply but still,no show.
I gave up and instead mailed R* for GTA IV.They were the ones who told me what to include,so in a way,they helped me out...You can skip points 7 and 8 above since I did not know what to do for AC,but I repeat,DO NOT leave out any other point.And do it ASAP,for on the steam forums ,people are already reporting that everyone has got GOTY for AC..

cyborg47

Technomancer
I attempted to activate the cd key on steam, but it turns out to be invalid. Looks like I'll have to send an email to WB.

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
It will be invalid.Retail keys are still not working,it seems.By the way,I got a reply from WB games after 3-4 days with regards to the first ticket I had sent.So,looks like the 2-day time window for replies is now invalid.
PS-By that time,I had already got my new key. :)

Don't get disappointed if they do not reply to your mail after 2-3 days.In the mail replying to my first ticket,they wrote that due to high volume of recieved emails,the process is taking time. :)

Top Bottom