ACPI problem in Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasikumardr

Right off the assembly line
Hello friends,
I am using Lenovo 3000 y500(776136q) series laptop. It works fine in Windows Vista. 2 days before I installed Linux. Linux is not detecting Laptop Battery when laptop is running on battery power. As a result of this problem(I think) Keyboard and touchpad stoped working and I couldn't login to linux. But when Linux booted on AC power everything worked fine(But hibernate and standby disabled). I felt that This is problem with compatability of acpi with linux. When i gave kernel parameter "acpi=off" before booting Linux booted without laptop battery support and sound driver(sound not worked that time).
I tried Fedora core 7 and OpenSuse 10.3. But Both of them showed same problem.
Can you suggest any method to resolve this issue??? Please........

Sorry If I am using Bad English. I am beginner in posting messages.

K

karthi26

Hi sasikumardr,

I too got the same problem in my Lenovo 3000 Y500 776136. But as they said i tired updating fedora 8, opensuse 10.3 and ubuntu 7.4 but the problem haven't solved :cry:. if your problem is solved can you help me out.

Regards,
karthi26

mehaman

Banned
a bit of googling showed that this laptop support is not very good in Linux.
even there is a reported problem of laptop's kbd not detected on a coldboot.

I think @OP's should try installing Ubuntu or Debian distro.
upgrade to the latest kernel 2.6.24-x for up2date support and bugfix of acpi issues.
you can get a 2.6.24zen Desktop optimized kernel for Ubuntu @:
*www.mattparnell.com/zen/2.6.24-zen1/x86/
read below thread:
*ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=623874

and at this time,u can try some boot options like:
noapm nolapic irqpoll -for booting. :)

K

karthi26

But ubuntu i tried 8.4 but still i haven't got the good result even after updating online. same keyboard not responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom