Access PC files from phone

E|e<tr0|!0n

Broken In
I used to access files on my laptop from my phone using Acer BYOC's AbFiles app.
Now that it is being discontinued, does anyone know any other alternatives using which you can conveniently access PC files through an Android phone?

OP
E|e<tr0|!0n

E|e<tr0|!0n

Broken In
I could literally access any file on my computer using abfiles at any time as if I am browsing my drive folder. It was two-way: the server app was installed on the PC and the client app was installed on the phone
Is there any such alternative that can provide that much convenience?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
You will be using SMB for file access. This should work well.

Other option is to install an FTP server on your phone and access using the ftp:// protocol.

Do you need remote access?

OP
E|e<tr0|!0n

E|e<tr0|!0n

Broken In
You will be using SMB for file access. This should work well.

Other option is to install an FTP server on your phone and access using the ftp:// protocol.

Do you need remote access?
Not exactly, I connect my phone to the same wifi network as my PC
Could you elaborate what you mean by using SMB for file access?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I need sometime to come up with the exact protocol. I am out of station at present. Will be back home in two days. I can give step by step instructions then.

SMB is the standard Windows protocol for filesharing over local network.

Ta_234

Broken In
If you just wish to browse the file, Remote Desktop app by Google is very easy to use. Just install Remote Desktop Extension in Chrome browser in your laptop and remote desktop in mobile. Then you can access laptop from mobile .

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Use SolidExplorer app in your android phone.

It's a good replacement for ES Explorer.
Can connect to LAN and browse any folder.

Top Bottom