About Digital SLRs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I am not so experienced in digital cameras and have none at all in the field of SLRs. I want to get a New Digital SLR for myself... and now confused about the widely available brands and models. :(

Can anyone suggest me some excellent models please. I am getting it from US. Price within $1000. I would use it mostly for photography as a hobby.

Thanx in advance :)

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Canon 400D is a better choice at present, it comes with 18-55mm kit lens.
When ur hobby grows u can buy separate lenses later.

ghosh.dll

Broken In
howz nikon d40 as a starting point ? i m a total novice and were planning to buy this one by next month.. its in low price too. please advice me too.

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
dont go for nikon d40 as it doesn't have a auto motor, and so the lens u will be buying will be very costly. instead go for d50, d70s
canon 400D is a good choice.
welcome to slr family.

ghosh.dll

Broken In
sysfilez said:
dont go for nikon d40 as it doesn't have a auto motor, and so the lens u will be buying will be very costly. instead go for d50, d70s
canon 400D is a good choice.
welcome to slr family.

Nikon d40 is coming along with a kit lens of 18-55 @ around 25k only.. isn't it enough for entry level guy like me ? Buyin extra lens is far far away... or is it a big issue ?

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
@ghosh.dll
well friend 2day u r buying d40 then tomorrow u will want to buy some lens and at that point of time u will face the problem. the kits lens is ok but not that good. for a beginer it will suffice. try getting a nikon d50 (very good one) instead if u r buying without bill.
u compare nikon d40 with canon 350D & 400D. go thru the review on net.
i will never buy a d40 or d40x.
one more thing nikon lenses are expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom