about ASUS A7v266-mx motherboard bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

kishore

Right off the assembly line
hey guys i hav a AMD 2000+ with ASUS a7v266-mx motherboard,
somehow i could overclock my cpu to 166 mhz which is supposed to be
133 mhz and work at 1667mhz,now after overclocking somehow it displays 2600+ and workin at 2.07Ghz i hav noticed a marginal improvement in the speed but not much,plz tell me is ther any update available for my MB bios ie..v1001,i hav tried on ASUS official website but in vein.There is an update for v1003 bios not for mine ie..1001 plz let me know is there any way out of it to upgrade my bios from 1001 to 1003
to improve the performance.

thank u

bye ..

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Two things. BIOS upgrades do not gurantee that you can up your FSB. When you upped the FSB from 133 to 166 it is because that is the maximum that the board supports so upgrading the BIOS wont help in your case as the board has already reached its maximum potential.

Secondly, the CPU has also reached it maximum potential. The AMD Athlonn 2000+ is not a very good over clocker. The fact that you got it work at 2.01 ghz is initself quite an achievement. One thing I did not understand however is how did you find out it runs at 2.07 ghz ? CPU speed is measured by FSB multiplied by the multiplier. From the info you have provided the Mutiplier is set to 12 ??? Could you post screen shots using cpu-z ?

OP
K

kishore

Right off the assembly line
hey i didnt know it would work when i first saw on mobo manual ,in the manual it is stated that 133 is highest,but when i opened the board i saw the max freq the board could be tweaked to was 200 Mhz but i didnt risk it
Even i am astonished abt ,how did that work?i dont know,In bios it shows 2083MHz but in windows it is 2.07Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom