A question regarding a bug on hp-pavilion gaming 15-ec1052ax

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
I have a problem on this laptop , where the laptop throttles to 0.4 ghz if I attach the power chord to the laptop and then remove the power chord.

This is annoying as hell and it won't become normal till I power down the device, and boot with no power chord attached and do not put the power chord in afterward . The bug can be reproduced on linux too so I think this problem is on a deeper level. Is it a bug with the laptop? I have all the updated drivers and bios.

I think much can't be done to solve this issue, but I don't know how can I report this bug to HP, as their whatsapp support is abyssmal and they do not give any good option to contact them, to their Indian customers ( Yeah, US portal have a excellent support system, but when I try through it, the agent says "Indians ain't allowed" :()

Anyway, if there is anything I can do, please tell.

OP
Æsoteric Positron

Æsoteric Positron

Woah, now something is definitely wrong with my unit, I just installed a bios update again(basically overwriting the bios). Now when I attach the power cable and detach it, the speed goes to 0.4ghz for sometimes and again becomes normal, or at least it is so now. And my battery went from 100percent to 26, in just installing the update!? What the actual f?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
The issue is with BIOS, when u plug it, It lowers the clock. So this for sure either in all laptops, Which Did u try googling, as someone ,ust have reported, If not then maybe ur piece is faulty and u should replace ASAP before return window closes

OP
Æsoteric Positron

Æsoteric Positron

The issue is with BIOS, when u plug it, It lowers the clock. So this for sure either in all laptops, Which Did u try googling, as someone ,ust have reported, If not then maybe ur piece is faulty and u should replace ASAP before return window closes
Well, in hp forum? it was me. I thought that maybe posting it there would catch the eyes of HP officials, maybe?

Till now it is totally fine (pray that it remains that way), maybe it was a weird bios issue, or maybe I had booted into linux a while before having this problem, so maybe that did something funny with the system as my battery was not reported correctly too (100% - 26%) and also the fact the manufacturer (hp) provides no linux support whatsoever AFAIK.(maybe @Desmond David can help here).

Thanks for help btw, I will report later.

Last edited:

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Well, in hp forum? it was me. I thought that maybe posting it there would catch the eyes of HP officials, maybe?

Till now it is totally fine (pray that it remains that way), maybe it was a weird bios issue, or maybe I had booted into linux a while before having this problem, so maybe that did something funny with the system as my battery was not reported correctly too (100% - 26%) and also the fact the manufacturer (hp) provides no linux support whatsoever AFAIK.(maybe @Desmond David can help here).

Thanks for help btw, I will report later.

I dont think HP forum will be helpful. U tried contacting chat/call support?

OP
Æsoteric Positron

Æsoteric Positron

I dont think HP forum will be helpful. U tried contacting chat/call support?
The chat do not exists for us Indians, and I have been advised against contacting them using whatsapp chat support because of the really poor service (I also tried that though, it was really poor). I decided not to contact them using my phone no. as I think the people I will be contacted to would be noobie, like my uncle contacted them, and he even had business support, but still he had a headache trying to ask them the solution, and at last they replace the mobo and whole inside of that laptop instead of solving the issue.

He had a similar issue again and this time I fixed it for him.

123hero

In the zone
The chat do not exists for us Indians, and I have been advised against contacting them using whatsapp chat support because of the really poor service (I also tried that though, it was really poor). I decided not to contact them using my phone no. as I think the people I will be contacted to would be noobie,

Post a complaint on HP India's twitter handle. There will respond to the same or have someone call you.
Wait for 1 day for a response on HP Forums.

If you do not get a solution or a fix - straightaway ask for replacement from Amazon / Flipkart wherever you bought it from. Dont waste time haggling over a faulty product.

at last they replace the mobo and whole inside of that laptop instead of solving the issue.

This is an old disease and seems to be a common tactic, especially for swindling money from gullible customers who arent well versed with the tech or parts and whose warranty is about to expire or is over. Short circuit in MoBo was a common excuse even 7 years ago when I had a problem - infact HP ASS replaced the MoBo twice while repairing - obviously due to shoddy handywork. :blink::pan::pan:

Last edited:
OP
Æsoteric Positron

Æsoteric Positron

Post a complaint on HP India's twitter handle. There will respond to the same or have someone call you.
Wait for 1 day for a response on HP Forums.
Thanks for the suggestions, I will certainly try that in the future, but lets hope such situation never comes.
This is an old disease and seems to be a common tactic, especially for swindling money from gullible customers who arent well versed with the tech or parts and whose warranty is about to expire or is over. Short circuit in MoBo was a common excuse even 7 years ago when I had a problem - infact HP ASS replaced the MoBo twice while repairing - obviously due to shoddy handywork. :blink::pan::pan:
Oo

Top Bottom