A Question on mobile genuinity

chetan.g

Journeyman
Hello guys,

I have one question in my mind, how to check wether our mobile is genuine or not,

I am planning to buy Samsung mobile , I just want to know wether i have brought the original piece or not?

I think, there are some codes for Nokia mobile but I am unaware about samsung mobiles...Futhere what should one do as first-step after buying mobile to check wether it is original piece or duplicate or stolen one.

Please help me

Thanks
regards

the_souvik

Addicted
When buying always follow the rules
1.Buy from a genuine retailer or dealer.
2.Make sure the seal is not broken.
3.Check the IMEI no.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
see below

*www.indiasummary.com/2009/11/21/im...mei-number-verification-imei-number-tracking/

Also see here

*www.numberingplans.com/?page=analysis&sub=imeinr

pid 0

Right off the assembly line
Duplicate mobiles??? What exactly you mean by duplicate?

You can get a used/refurbished mobile sold to you as "new" one, but are there any duplicates out there?? The chinese ones can be spotted easily from their cheap build and the software will not be original...

And even if a mobile is stolen, it is still the one manufactured properly.. so it will still have all the manufacturer code/IMEI.

Only way is to buy from a trusted shop and with bill and warranty. So even if you end up with a stolen mobile and you still have a valid bill, you can direct all the legal liability to the store and you will also get a original replacement.

OP
C

chetan.g

Journeyman
see below

*www.indiasummary.com/2009/11/21/im...mei-number-verification-imei-number-tracking/

Also see here

International Numbering Plans, 2001-2010

Thanks for these useful sites

Duplicate mobiles??? What exactly you mean by duplicate?

You can get a used/refurbished mobile sold to you as "new" one, but are there any duplicates out there?? The chinese ones can be spotted easily from their cheap build and the software will not be original...

And even if a mobile is stolen, it is still the one manufactured properly.. so it will still have all the manufacturer code/IMEI.

Only way is to buy from a trusted shop and with bill and warranty. So even if you end up with a stolen mobile and you still have a valid bill, you can direct all the legal liability to the store and you will also get a original replacement.

oky ...oh.. I got it .. thnks for guiding me

:)

Top Bottom